A Combination Type Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter is a device that includes all of the protection offered by the Branch Feeder AFCI (mitigation of parallel arcing faults in the complete circuit, including connected cords). In addition it provides direct detection of persistent low current arcing faults down to 5-Amp with associated mitigation of fire hazards in the cords connected to the outlets. Parallel arcing faults can occur from line to neutral or line to ground. These arcing faults are in parallel with the load and produce the most energy of all arcing faults. The current level of low current arcing faults is limited by the load.
- Use to help provide protection from fires caused by arcing faults
- Low-level arc detection through connected cords
- Breaker detects both parallel and series arcing
- Breaker is ANSI certified and CSA and UL listed and trips to the off position
- 10,000 AIC
- Learn More About Circuit Breakers Here in our Buying Guide.
- Note: product may vary by store
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs