Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 12
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Allan About as bright as a watt 28 watt CFL spot lamp
For consuming 13 watts of power, this lamp is quite bright. I would describe the light as cool white, similar to the light color cast by a cool white CFL spot lamp. I prefer incandescent lamps for the color spectrum they cast that is similar to sunlight. This lamp is much, much better than the cool white 90 watt version of this spot lamp by this manufacturer that is sold by The Home Depot. That lamp casts a decidedly blue color that I think is unpleasant.
April 28, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BryanFromTX Work well for motion sensing security lights
I switched my external security lighting to motion sensing lights (using the low-cost, grey Defiant base sold at HomeDepot) and I can report that these bulbs have no problems turning on and off as the sensor demands. I don't detect any radio interference with the garage door.
The lights seem as bright as advertised, and the color is a little whiter than an incandescent, which is fine with me. While the light is coming from an array of LEDs, in the yard the light looks fairly "natural". The exterior appearance is attractive, like the lights have their own shades.
I marked down the "value" to average since there are other LED options at similar prices, but so far I've been pleased with most of the EcoSmart LED products. LEDs may not seem to make sense on lights that aren't used often, but I do plan on running them full on occasionally, and I won't have to change them. Plus the rest of the house lighting is LED at this point... someone's got to be an early adopter :-)
September 29, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Robert Bright light, quality,
Product is very good, lighting is great for the kitchen, energy efficient, excellent quality.
May 7, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AJAY Perfect fit in the canned fixture and nice bright light
Installed this LED bulb in a recessed canned fixture on my covered back porch. The result is very nice both lit and unlit as the bulb is perfectly flush with the trim ring. The light is very bright and I am amazed it is only drawing 13 watts. I leave it on all night and it should save quite a bit of electricity over the life of the bulb.
June 18, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jred Good, but maybe a little low on light output for a "75W" bulb
If you haven't used LED lighting before, you will most likely like it:
* This lamp puts out 3000K color temperature (a fairly "warm" light).
* It's dimmable.
* It's quiet (even when dimmed).
* It has a long life (5-year warranty, rated at 25,000 hours).
* It's energy efficient.
* It's rated for use in wet locations (you can put it in your outside fixture).
However, it's not perfect:
1) It's "not for use in totally enclosed luminaries," meaning it can't be in a totally enclosed fixture. (It needs to "breath" to let off heat). I believe this limitation is quite common for LED lights, so be aware of it, but you may not find a better LED on this feature.
2) Although it claims to be a "75W" replacement, it is rated for 750 lumens. Most of the halogen 75W PAR 30s I checked are rated to put out 1100 lumens when new, and even some "long life" ones that run at 66W are rated at 860 lumens. So if you use this to replace a 75W halogen PAR 30, you will likely see a decrease in light output.
3) This lamp isn't as dimmable as some LEDs. Although it goes down to 1W of power when fully dimmed (on my Kill A Watt meter), it is still notably brighter than another 13W LED I use with my home theater. The dimming is good and is probably fine for most applications (it certainly blows away the dimming of any "dimmable" CFL I have used), but I've used better if extreme dimming is important to you.
4) As far as I can tell, this LED light is NOT UL listed, while at least two other brands of LED light I have purchased in the past are UL listed. Whether or not this is important to you is up to you, but I thought it was worth noting.
Despite those negatives, I will continue to use this bulb.
June 10, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by austinlightpollution Good for Motion activated Lights
This light is a Good Light In the Motion activated security lights and also Down facing light for a cone shape light to create Highlight areas of Outdoor Cafe's and a Good light to combat Light pollution waste as it is a flat cut area where the LED's are so if you were use this as a Street light at 20 feet up and pointed down it will light a 50 foot area with smooth even light and its a money saver. I am buidling my own street light design for a RV park where i will install using this type of light this model is good because it is in the near infrared worm color and this means No ambient light waste so the light goes where you want it Blue shift LED's are not as friendly and light travels further in the Low energy path for long distances giving thieves the right amount of ambient light to see just enough to engage in crime but this semi infrared white light does not have that problem I will post photos when i finish My prototype street light with this light at 25 Feet up and show how the light preforms as a Fully cut street light I made it a study to study light light pollution and Color spectrum of light Photons the good the bad and the ugly (my spelling is not good Reason I have Typ-O blood) but working to change that.... not the blood type but the English I love science but have a weakness
July 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by VGVG1 Good quality LED floodlight
This light bulb produced a nice warm color. The annoying flicker present in many other LED bulbs was barely noticeable in this one. It comes with a 5 year warranty but is rated to only last 25,000 hours, which is more like 3 years of continuous use. Interestingly, it does not seem to be much more energy efficient than a comparable CFL bulb. In addition, the rated brightness is lower than I expected. For these reasons, I hesitantly recommend this product.
March 8, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jimbo Great Flood Light. A happy customer. :)
This Flood light produces adequate lighting to illuminate my entire patio area coming out of my back door. Using only
13 watts of power and producing the same 75 watt performance I am very satisfied with the bulb and happy to save money
over the course of the life of the bulb which is about 25 thousand hours. I may never have to chance this bulb ever
again in my lifetime. Thanks EcoSmart for another money saving and efficient product.
May 23, 2013