Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 4
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Owner Excellent purchase for the price
The crystal cover is perfect, heavy crystal and great quality. The cord could be better as it looks thick and bulky compare to the elegant crystal part. Overall I am glad we got it and the price would be hard to beat
August 26, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Begleyhomeservices Bright light But
On the plus side it puts off a lot of light for its size. It's fault was that it had a square base that did not cover the 4 inch round remodel box in the ceiling. I'm sure it would work fine with smaller electrical boxes. Also the wire hanging mechanism was not very easy to work with.
May 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jwerner00195 Beautiful Mini Pendants
I love the pendants. They installed easily the tools included made assembly a snap. I'm 6'3" and the height adjustment made it easy to set the length of drop from the ceiling so that I can see through the breakfast bar area to the dining room. Looks great.
January 23, 2011
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by bdashill Looks great... but too many oversights
First off, this light looks great, modern and unique, just how I like most of the things I've installed in my home. However there are SEVERAL unnecessary oversights that are really suprising and caused way more work than normally required.
1. The instructions have maybe 5 sentences in English. (Luckily I've installed several pendants that I could get by, but this would be troubling for the novice.) They didn't explain the reason for certain componants and their proper placement, etc.
2. The outer jacket of the power wire is molded around the 3 inner copper cables making it hard to strip off without the risk of nicking the inner cables. Then, once carefully cut all the way around, it was very difficult to pull the outer jacket off of the inner wires.
3. No allen wrench is included to remove one of the wire retaining clips. There are two different clips, one for electrical wire and one for the steel cable. One allows you to use a phillips screwdriver and the other you need an allen wrench? Why do this? And not just any allen wrench, probably one most DIYers won't have as it is so small.
4. The mounting screws you see on the base plate in the picture ARE NOT THE ONES THAT WILL SCREW INTO THE CEILING BOX. So if you are planning ahead like me and mount the box with the screw holes in the arrangement in which you'd like to see the the decorative knobs, you are in for a dissappointment. Whats the big deal? Well of course the screws they include in the mounting plate are WAY TOO LONG for THEIR OWN KNOBS TO FULLY SCREW ON TO!!!!. So this requires you to remove the plate and back out the mounting screws half way so they dont stick down so far. Again, not that big of a problem if you have the room withing the junction box for that screw head to stick up. But when you install the junction box with the screw holes parrallel to the light's little knobs, then there is molded plastic in the way that will not allow enough room for the screw. We are not talking about some wierd ceiling junction box either. I used the ones they sell at Home Depot. So that required me to drill out some of the plastic in the junction box to make room for the now half-way screwed in mounting screws.
5. AND THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS. The square mounting plate cover DOESN'T EVEN COVER a standard old work ceiling box! All they needed to do was make the square a half inch longer L and W and it would've covered the box. Nothing like seeing little blue sliveres of plastic sticking out from under the base of the mount. So I had to untuck all of the wires, undo and remove the wire nuts, unscrew the ground cable, and remove the junction boxes so that I could take snips and trim off plastic from all sides of the junction box.
Bottom line, yes it looks great once you get past all of the unnecessary obstacles. One or two unnecessary ones are OK, not FIVE! It's as if they didn't have someone at the factory actually install one of these to see what simple design changes they could make to make the install as easy as it should be.
As for the look, it looks great
July 27, 2012