The PowerPlasma 50 offers a simple low cost metal cutting alternative to traditional oxy/acetylene powered cutting outfits. There’s no expensive acetylene and oxygen gas to buy and no expensive monthly or yearly rent to pay on gas cylinders. Initial purchase cost is usually less than a typical purchase of a full size oxy/acetylene cutting torch and gas cylinder fill/refill that is required to begin cutting. The plasma cutter will sever up to 1 in. thick with good cutting speed and quality obtainable up to 5/8 in. thick. This unit is ideal for the cutting needs of a wide range of customers, including home hobbyists, farms, FAB shops, and even motorsports facilities. It features an inverter design that reduces the dimensions down to the size of an average shoebox. The dual voltage feature provides 50-amp of cutting power on 240-Volt. It features the ability to operate on 120-Volt at 25-amp as well, which is enough to cut body panels, and even metal up to 3/16 in. thick. It is easy to use, and takes very little practice to become proficient. The standard torch which is compatible with some other brands features consumables that are widely available online and at select welding supply distributors. To get started, we suggest a minimum air compressor size of 5 CFM at 90 psi and a tank size of 25-gal. Or greater and an inexpensive hair dryer mounted inline.
- Ideal for home, farm, fabrication, motorsports, and even industrial venues
- Auto sensing dual, 120/240-volt design allows use in places that don’t have access to 240-volt power
- Comfortable, flexible S-45 torch is designed for cross compatibility of consumables on some brands
- Low/no air pressure warning shuts down output until minimum safe operating pressure is achieved
- Allows rapid fast cutting on metals up to 5/8 in. thick (steel, decrease by 20% for aluminum)