Simple, yet capable, the PowerTIG 185 offers everything needed in way of an entry level AC/DC TIG welder. Yet, it fits in well in a small FAB shop, motorsports facility or garage where TIG is required. The 5-185 DC/20-185 AC amp range and 35% duty cycle of the unit gives you plenty of power for most average daily welding needs. Not much bigger than a large shoe box, the IGBT inverter design makes the unit compact, and sipping electricity. This unit design has been revamped to include new features such as 130-amp stick welding capability and post-flow control. The adjustable AC frequency and AC balance control provide a greater range of control while welding aluminum, and can improve appearance and weld ability on thin metals. Arc stability and control is among the best in its class. Because of its weight and size, it includes a convenient carry strap which allows it to be carried and used near the work area.
- Ideal for hobbyist, light fabrication, off road, track, farm, and motorsport use
- 185-amp AC/DC TIG, 130-amp DC sticks welding capability
- Over temperature and over current warning/interrupt helps prevent damage to the unit
- High frequency and lift start capability in TIG mode
- Auto sensing dual voltage design features 120/240-volt operational capability