The Pilot Pin serves a very important function with Slugger Annular Cutters. The pilot aligns your Slugger cutter to the desired drilling position. It also ejects the slug from the center after drilling is complete.
- It allows the coolant to flow to the center of the slugger cutter during the drilling cycle
- It rejects the slug from the center of the slugger cutter after the drilling cycle
- Pilot pin aligns the slugger cutter to the desired drilling position
- Finally, it allows you to clearly see the center of the hole you are going to drill
- Cutting depth of 1 in. and a diameter of 9/16 in. and larger