The Pilot Pins serves a very important function with the Slugger Annular Cutters. The pilot aligns your Slugger cutter to the desired drilling position. It also ejects the slug from the center after the drilling is complete.
- It allows the coolant to flow to the center of the slugger cutter during the drilling cycle
- Coolant will give your slugger cutter a longer cutting life
- Pilot pin ejects the slug from the center of the slugger cutter after the drilling cycle
- Finally, it aligns your slugger cutter to the desired drilling position
- Cutting depth of 2 in. and a diameter of 9/16 in. or larger