The First Alert 2700F 2-hour fire rated safe affords a high level of anti-theft security as well as extended fire protection. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, most residential fires last less than 30 minutes with fires lasting longer than 1 hour being rare. Fire duration is affected by the amount of fuel available to the fire and the length of time required for the fire department to respond to a fire call. The 2700F fire safe has been awarded a 2-hour fire rating verifying that it will withstand an external temperature of 1700°F while maintaining an internal temperature of less than 350°F. The 2700F is therefore a good choice for a residence or office with above average fuel sources and or located longer distances from the fire department. The First Alert 2700F fire safe’s anti-theft features include steel construction, heavy duty steel hinges, and 6 solid steel locking bolts: 4 live and 2 dead. The combination lock is designed to be used in conjunction with the entry key. The entry key can be left in the keyhole using only the combination lock to secure the door, or it can be removed for an extra level of security. Two entry keys included.
- 3.12 cu. ft. capacity and solid steel construction
- Dual combination and key lock entry system
- 4 live/2 dead door bolts and heavy duty steel hinges
- 1 removable/adjustable shelf and locking storage drawer
- Fire resistant 2-hours up to 1700°F
- Equipped with casters for easy mobility
- 5 year limited warranty/lifetime after-fire replacement