The First Alert 2702F 2-hour fire rated safe affords a high level of anti-theft security as well as extended fire protection. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, most residential fires last less than 30 minutes with fires lasting longer than 1 hour being rare. Fire duration is affected by the amount of fuel available to the fire and the length of time required for the fire department to respond to a fire call. The 2702F fire safe has been awarded a 2-hour fire rating verifying that it will withstand an external temperature of 1700°F while maintaining an internal temperature of less than 350°F. The 2702F is therefore a good choice for a residence or office with above average fuel sources and or located longer distances from the fire department. The First Alert 2702F fire safes anti-theft features include steel construction, heavy duty steel hinges, and 6 solid steel locking bolts: 4 live and 2 dead. The fire safe's 4-number dial combination lock provides a high level of security. The combination lock is designed to be used in conjunction with the entry key. The entry key can be left in the keyhole using only the combination lock to secure the door, or it can be removed for an extra level of security. Two entry keys included. This model also features an automatic re-lock system, 1 removable/adjustable shelf, and pull-out storage drawer.
- 5.91 cu. ft. capacity and solid steel construction
- Dual combination and key lock entry system
- 4 live/2 dead door bolts and heavy duty steel hinges
- Removable/adjustable shelf and storage drawer
- Fire resistant 2-hours up to 1700-degrees fahrenheit
- Equipped with casters for easy mobility
- 5 year limited warranty/lifetime after-fire replacement