This Kitchen Fire Extinguisher is essential for any kitchen. It is effective against flammable liquid fires and live electrical equipment fires. This fire extinguisher is UL Rated 5-B: C with a sodium bicarbonate extinguishing agent. It features a push button pressure check and a quick-release mounting cap for easy access that mounts to the kitchen. This extinguisher is designed for use against small fires that have just started and are small enough to fight safely. It is not designed to fight large fires that are burning out of control. If the fire is too hot or smoky for you to get within 6 ft. of it, do not try to fight it yourself. Warn everyone, evacuate the premises, and have someone call the fire department. This extinguisher contains a dry powder extinguishing agent that is nontoxic, but it can irritate your skin. When using this fire extinguisher, avoid breathing the powder and always ventilate the area after use. The First Alert Dkitchen5 is warranted for 10-years.
- Class B rating means that the agent and powder is suitable for fighting small fires involving grease, oil, gasoline, kerosene and other flammable liquids
- Class C rating means that the agent and powder is suitable for fighting small fires in live electrical equipment
- Fire extinguisher is a disposable device that is not rechargeable
- US dot approved
- 10-year limited warranty