Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 713
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by BarnaclePete Not again
Thank goodness I haven't had to pay for a service man to come repair this machine. We have had this model for a couple of years and it has had problems constantly from parts on the drawers coming off , the rack hanging up then coming loose and just about falling out of the dish washer out onto the floor. We have had to put a can on the floor for the door to rest on because the door system that stops the door keeps coming loose and it gets old having to take the bottom panel off to reattach the spring and retainer. The seals will leak and water gets into the electronic control board and shorts it out. I then have to disassemble the door take out the control board and button assembly to dry them . Then put it all back together for it to work a few times and not very well at that.. you practically have to hand wash the dishes , etc. before you put them in or it won't clean them very well. We have tried multiple brands of dishwasher soap and nothing helps. It list in the manual a reboot sequence where you have to push certain buttons in a certain order if the control board goes squirrel crazy . Oh yes I almost for got I have also had to repair the door lock assembly before.. We are going to buy another brand tonight and just thought I should post our experience. The only thing good I can say is we have never had to replace the water pump or the motor though from all the leakage it looks like it's on it's last leg.
April 14, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dimitris Good value, quiet, and washes well, but installation crew was negligent or incompetent
This is a very nice dishwasher for the price ... but it needs to be installed properly. I paid for professional installation by Home Depot contractors, to save time, but it was a nightmare. The installers (i) forgot or neglected to anchor the dishwasher, so when I first filled it with dishes and pulled out the rack, the dishwasher fell forward, (ii) did not bother to level the dishwasher, super important for the dishwasher to work properly, (iii) inexplicably removed and left with key part of dishwasher, the two front screws that are needed to level the dishwasher and the kick-plate, and (iv) scratched the plastic in bottom rack so that metal is visible --- I am not 100% sure that this last item happened during installation or if it was a manufacturing defect, but I list it here because exposed metal worries me and I am monitoring for possible rust. I redid installation from scratch, carefully following instructions and using shims to level the dishwasher, since the leveling screws had been removed by installers. The dishwasher worked OK for a while, but then the latch started failing, so the dishwasher would turn off randomly. It turned out that my anchoring of dishwasher had misaligned the top latch. Once I fixed this problem, the dishwasher started working beautifully. It's very quiet and very cleverly designed for the price, and a huge improvement over the more expensive but older dishwasher that it replaced.
April 17, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Kate Horrible
I'm only giving this one star because it's required. My dishwasher is 2 weeks old and I am already having to have support come out and look at it because it will not lock when I try to close the door. 2 weeks old and I couldn't even get support to come out until a week later! I'm back to hand washing dishes after I spent $400 on this brand new product. I am less than pleased.
March 22, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sandman great dishwasher
Great performance at a great price. I would recommend this product.
March 29, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BearDog Good Dishwasher
I am happy with this dishwasher so far. Hauling away my old portable dishwasher was a great added service.
Having never installed a dishwasher before I found it was easier than expected. Anyone who does work around the house will find the same I think. It looks great, fits nicely, and gets my dishes clean with a variety of cycles. I think the unit is quiet, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.
The last thing is the handle, however. I agree with all the other reviewers that the handle is a little awkward. The slender, shallow handle is not much to grab onto. I can manage but others may have difficulty.
July 25, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by roy dishwasher installation not correct
Don't know if dishwasher is any good. Home Depot installer did not install the drain hose properly and I had to re-install it. Did not center in opening. Unit arrived and water in the unit had frozen. Cannot run for 24 hours per installer. Why was water in a new, unused dishwasher?The installation service is terrible. This was the second time the installer had to come out. Home Depot said there was nothing they could do for us, as the installer was a third party they have no control over. Very disappointing and will not use them again. This review is about the installer service and not the machine.
January 8, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by HDCustomer Don't buy Frigidaire!! Their customer service does not involve actual service.
Don't buy Frigidare!! Their customer service does not involve actual service. They sent out a repair person without the part to repair a known issue with their product. Should have been a simple quick fix now 10 hours + of wasted time.
March 10, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Shelley Dishwasher
It doesn't clean very well. Have to have the dishes clean before you put them in. Wouldn't buy another
March 22, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sgtald Satisfied beyond my wildest expectations!
When I built my house just ten years ago, I installed the top of the line GE Superba(sic) kitchen appliances. I've had trouble from the get go with the GE dishwasher and I had to replace the washing machine three yrs ago. Since Frigidaire is no longer built by GM, I was reluctant to buy anything with that brand name.This machine is a miracle. It is much quieter than the high end GE. For the first several times I used it, I had to check if it was running. It does an excellent job cleaning, and drying the tops of the cups and glasses. When I read these same comments from the reviews I said that for such a low end model they couldn't be true. I can't recommend it more highly, I was pleasantly surprised.
January 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HomeyRepair Grest Value
I've spent many years as a maintenance person for luxury homes. I can say from experience that the more expensive the appliance, the more often it will break down, and they are difficult and expensive to repair. The less expensive appliances that you can buy at Home Depot or Sears are a greater value, and last longer.
March 8, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Iowa1966 Smaller than Expected
I bought this dishwasher as part of a package to replace an existing dishwasher. Installation was easy and I am satisfied with how well it cleans the dishes. I am disappointed in the amount of glasses and bowls that it holds. It seems much smaller than the dishwasher I replaced.
March 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Captainskeptical123 So Far So Good
This dishwasher looks good and is extremely quiet. So far we have done half a dozen loads and it cleans the dishes very well. I believe that this dishwasher has the most features for the lowest price and it appears to be of good quality. If there is any uncertainty, weigh the price difference and give your self the piece of mind with a $55 3 year protection plan, which is still less in total cost that some comparable brands.
February 16, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by DGDIY Works OK but gets worse
Worked OK for about 6 months. Have to reset CB to reset randomly, as wash cycle will stop about 10 min into using it. Door is hard to open and close, no handle and latch requires a lot of pressure to close. After two years, door springs are loud when opening and closing. Machine is now also louder when it runs, have to turn if off to watch television.... Ordered a different manufacture today...
January 30, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Melissa Great dishwasher for the money!
I love my new Frigidaire dishwasher! It has 5 wash cycles and several different drying options. It's much quieter than I was expecting which is great since my kitchen opens to my living room. The wash cycle is very quick compared to most dishwashers. Installation and haul away of my old dishwasher was very quick. My only complaint would be the handle. As many others have stated, it's a little hard to open but I'm willing to look past that due to its efficiency. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
June 4, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by rtdog04 Good for what I need
I am completing a kitchen renovation project. This does the what I need it to, match the other frigidaire appliances that I have (or will be purchasing soon) as well as keep dishes clean.
The display is easy to use and the drying element works well. All the buttons are responsive and self-explanatory. Delay timer is useful to set wash off when I wont be home.
The noise, while it's audible, is not a huge turn off... again, you get what you paid for. If you are looking to hear nothing, this isn't your dishwasher.
December 18, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by SteveB Great value and more than adequate.
What can I say, its a dishwasher. It works well, relatively quiet, and was very easy to install. If you can turn a wrench and a screwdriver, you can install this dishwasher. Great value for the money.
November 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RonHuf A nice price and it looks good in our kitchen.
Delivery service did not call the night before, but installation went smoothly.
January 14, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by yrrats Poorly designed washer
I encountered four issues with this dishwasher.
1. The latch is hard to use. I have to push really hard to get it latched. Because of this, I do not expect the latch mechanism will last long.
2. The dishwasher will not heat up the water to 120F for regular wash. It requires the user to run the water at the kitchen faucet until it is hot. Even with the incoming water at 120F, the filled water will quickly drop to 100F or below once it starts the washing cycle.
3. Hi-temp cycle does not work at all. The water is not heated up to 140F. It is about the same as regular wash cycle at or below 100F. I actually do not see how the water can be heated up as the heating element is not submerged under the water.
4. The stainless steel finish gets smudged up easily. All of my appliances have stainless finish and none of them behaves like this one.
I will call Frigidiare tomorrow to see whether these problems can be resolved. If not, I will have to return it to Home Depot.
January 3, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DINK Love Mine
I have had mine for 4 yrs now and love it, I am in the process of getting one for my daughters new house. For the price and compared to others in this catagory...I highly recommend this dishwasher. I own the stainless steel and black and it is beautiful.
July 5, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by LEHN84 4 months, already messed up.
We have had this dishwasher for 4 months. It cleans well, it's pretty quiet and it's easy to use. Too bad the latch to CLOSE the dishwasher is already broken, which kind of negates all the good things it does, because it can't clean anything well or quietly if the door can't latch properly. This is in a house we're renting (where we avoided buying Frigidaire for the rest of the appliances which we OWN). We now have to jam a butter knife into the opening to get the latch to retract so it will click and close all the way, but even then, something inside the door doesn't align properly anymore, so you still have to mess around with it for 10 minutes any time we need to run the dishwasher.
October 3, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Nallis I should have spent a little more for something better...
I bought this unit to replace one that came with my house that started to leak. I opted to go with it because the reviews made it seem as if it would get the job done and not too loud. YES! I certainly is not loud and does what it is supposed to for the most part. My biggest issue is with the Heated Dry feature. It is the worst I have ever seen. After every wash, every single thing is dripping. Not one single item is dry. I understand if there were items that flipped during the cycle and collected water, but that is not the case. Nothing is ever dry or just barely wet when it is done. Definitely quiet for sure and washes very fast and clean. But I have to wipe every item before putting them away and that can be a little annoying. I should have just spent an extra 50-100 and gotten something better.
November 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RM Great product; excellent installation
Does what it's meant to do. Very quite. Installation crew was done in under 45 minutes!
December 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by belle74 I love my Christmas and birthday gift!
I love it. Easy to install and very energy efficient.
December 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by FrostChicago Great value for the price!
We purchased this dishwasher after our 9 yr old dishwasher finally died. For the price you can't beat the features and this dishwasher is QUIET and does a GREAT job even with stuck on food! The only feature I wish it had was a wash mode for china. This unit was an excellent buy for the price.
December 8, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dave Dependable, Cleans well, and QUIET!
Replaced a hotpoint dishwasher with this model about three years ago as it matched my other silver appliances. Its worked well, no issues, and I like the multiple wash and delay features and the quiet operation. Removeable silverware basket is handy as well.
December 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Maven Really Really Cleans All Dishes, Pots and Pans. No rinsing required
THE OLD DISHWASHER: This model is basically a severely stripped down version of the one I owned and hated for 15 years The old dishwasher did not wash the dishes at all and the pump broke on a regular basis. If I didn't hand wash all dishes before loading them, the old dishwasher would redeposit any dirt on all the other dishes. I am referring to the OLD dishwasher, not this one. I was attracted to this model by the price, but because the two models are in many ways identical, I had grave reservations. These were settled by the many positive reviews about this dishwasher's performance.
1) This model CLEANS the dishes. It cleans baked on, caked on grease and lasagna. Rinsing is not necessary. It has a hard food disposer (a feature I adored on my son's dishwasher). The reason I bought it is because many reviews praised its ability to clean dishes. They were not exaggerating. IT CLEANS EVERY THING JUST SPARKLING CLEAN. I LOVE THIS DISHWASHER..
2) Happily, unlike its older sister, it does not have 51 cycles for crystal, top rack, bottom rack, energy saver, pots and pans, heavy, etc. It does not have a little display that tells you how many minutes are remaining in the cycle. This is a relief for me. I don't care how many minutes are left in the cycle. The only cycle I ever used on the old one was pots and pans (which still did not wash the dishes.) I only use pots and pans on this one, mainly because I only run one load of dishes a week and the food gets dried on. AND IT WASHES THEM ALL VERY CLEAN. Regular might also clean well. I just haven't tried it. Old habits die hard. And really who cares? Pots and pans has not damaged my 100 year old Lennox china, sterling silver or crystal. Pots and pans is very safe. It is a good cycle for everything,
3) Some of the connectors are of questionable, low quality. The water inlet thing is plastic. I would prefer brass. The previous dishwasher was $800. This one was $248 (less than I spent trying to fix the old one). With that price difference, it is not a shock that is has some cheaper components. I will just pray that the plastic guy is up to the task and doesn't fail. I also bought an extended warranty, just in case.
4) Because this model is a cousin/granddaughter of the old one, I am concerned about the pump failing. The last pump (of five) I replaced on the old one is a new design and is also used on the new model. Hopefully it is more reliable. In any case I saved the most recent new pump from the old one, so I have a spare pump, just in case. And the extended warranty.
5) Some reviews said this model is quiet. it does not meet my definition of quiet. It is very noisy compared to the $800 old one, which was very quiet (it's only good feature). I solved this problem by removing the insulation from the old one and installing it in the new model. It is now as whisper quiet as the old one. (I guess the extra $500 for the old one was for some foam rubber and padding.) If you want yours to be quieter, just glue a 1/2 thick piece of foam rubber inside the door panel.
6) It is not ugly, but it is not really that pretty. The door has substantially less stainless steel of a much thinner gauge than the one it replaced. HOWEVER, this is the only stainless steel dishwasher around, with a hard food disposer for less than $400. Anyway you can tell if you like it from the picture.
7) I would prefer controls on the top, but not enough to pay $300 extra for them.
8) One reviewer complained about the handle being small and difficult to use. It is small, but I don't find it to be difficult. I just pinch the latch and pull it open from the top. It closes very easily.
9) There are little holders on the top rack for wine glasses that are very handy and work quite well. The top rack is NOT adjustable. My old dishwasher had this feature and I thought I would miss it. I don't. Not being adjustable, the top rack has a third spray arm, which might partially explain how well it cleans.
10) Some reviewers complained that the wash cycle is too long. As long as I am not the one washing the dishes, I don't care how long it takes. However, people might want to know that my old dishwasher displayed how many minutes were left and the pots and pans cycle was about two hours. I don't think this one takes any longer. AND IT ACTUALLY WASHES THE DISHES VERY WELL.
CONCLUSION: THIS IS THE BEST DISHWASHER I HAVE EVER OWNED. I LOVE IT.
My only reservation is reliability based on my experience with its grandmother and some less than sturdy components. It will be about a year before I can comment on reliability, but I am very happy right now..
If you are not a snob about paying extra for solid stainless, controls on the top, and 600 cycles you will never use, BUY THIS ONE. It is a great dishwasher at any price and even greater at this price.
December 30, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mitch Junk
I have had it for two years and it has been giving me problems for about a year. Occasionally the soap dispenser would not open. Occasionally it would shut off half way through cycle. Now it has completely junked out. Will not turn on at all. It needs a new control board which is half the price of a new one! $150. I had mine as well buy a whole new dishwasher...definitely not another frigidaire!
November 6, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DAS Great if you like a lot of NOISE!
Since day one its been a piece of junk. So noisy we had the repair guy come and he did replace a part but it's still noisy. Whether the packet opens up is like Russian roulette too. Door is impossible to close easily. You have to push it with all your weight for it to click shut. Dishes come out wet too. Nothing good about this one at all. I'll be replacing it with something quiet very soon.
October 25, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by jimvt Front Is Slippery
Bad materials! The plastic you grab to open it is slick so it is difficult to open with wet hands. Material choice is demented.
November 20, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JoetheHomeowner Will die in 3 years of normal use
Bought one of these 3 years ago, and its dead, we normally used it daily, but I expected it to last more than 3 years. I called my usual repair man to see if he could fix it, and he said that it would cost 75% as much to fix it as it would to buy a new one. He also said, yeah I see a lot of these, and didn't recommend that I fix it.
October 22, 2015