Rated 4 out of 5Â by 91
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Phil A Few Gripes But No Major Problems Yet
I have only had the fridge for a few days, but I have a few thoughts so far.
My choices were limited due to a cabinet limiting the height to about 68 inches and I had to buy it sight unseen (other than the online photos, but that's not the same) because none of the stores I went to carried models that were short enough and were comparable to the unit I was replacing. I picked this model because of the height, brand, price, the presence of a snack drawer, and its in-door ice dispenser that did not take up an unreasonable amount of door space inside the freezer.
1. While the the volumetric capacity of the new fridge is a little less than the old one, it looks like the space is utilized a little better on this one and I had no problem fitting everything from my old freezer compartment into the new one.
2. Digital temperature monitoring and control. I'll keep my old thermometer as a backup though.
3. Fridge shelves were easy to move around.
4. It has the appearance of stainless but is able to hold magnets.
5. The icemaker bin is easily removed and replaced.
6. I like the little shelf over the icemaker.
1. The door handles are spaced a little too closely together. I have thick fingers and I will bump my knuckles if I stick my fingers between them to grab a handle.
2. In the freezer there is only one unoccupied slot for reconfiguring the shelves. In addition, no matter which space you leave open, one of the shelves will only have about six inches of vertical clearance.
3. The icemaker does not seem to work very fast. Considering the smallish ice bin, the icemaker should be able to fill an empty bin within 24 hours. It does not appear able to accomplish that, but that may change.
4. To close the doors you must firmly push on them until they seal. You can't absently give them a shove and hope that they close all the way.
Except for these minor gripes, I'm pretty happy.
May 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by JayInVirginia I'm impressed.
I wasn't happy to find myself replacing a 10 year old Frigidaire side-by-side model. On the bright side though I have to say I'm really impressed so far by this GE side-by-side. The price was very reasonable in my opinion. The shelves and interior spaces all seem very sturdy, roomy and bright. I love the way the water filter and temp controls are laid out. On our old fridge they took up a good 7-8" of space in the refrigerator. I was REALLY surprised to find the freezer allows you space to store frozen pizzas if you want that configuration which was impossible in our old side by side. The ice maker in this model is very well placed too and takes up a reasonable amount of space in the freezer.
Its only a week old, so we will have to see how it holds up over time. But I have to say I'm pretty happy with the purchase and glad we were able to replace the old fridge without breaking the bank.
Also, I was really nervous about choosing the CleanSteel option over the stainless without getting to see it in person. If you have any concern, it is in the kitchen with our stainless oven and you really can't tell the difference whatsoever. The surface is smudge proof AND will hold magnets.
April 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by PAFRIGBUYER VERY NICE FRIG
Works well, looks great. If had to pick one think to change, wish the water came out faster in the door.
March 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Bethcz Sleek looking and spacious for a smaller model!
Recently purchased and very happy with our new fridge!!
September 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by dh1960 Quiet, Efficient, and Stylish
After reviewing several brands and models, I was able to narrow my choice down to this one for a number of reasons. First of all, it was basically the same dimensions as my 17-year-old GE side by side, which fit nicely under my 1952-vintage kitchen cabinetry. I was also impressed by the look of this model, as well as the through-the-door ice and water dispenser. The dispenser does what it should, and I've not experienced any problems whatsoever with the way in which it functions. The temperature display on the door panel, a significant factor in my model choice, measures closely enough (+/- 3 degrees) to my refrigerator/freezer thermometers to put my mind to rest that proper temperatures are being maintained consistently. Perhaps the biggest factor in my choice is how QUIET this baby is! The old one sounded like a jetliner on takeoff by comparison, and I've actually had to double-check from time to time to tell whether the new one's even running! According to the Energy Guide, this model is projected to use only about half the energy the old one did per year, which will save a considerable amount of money. I'd recommend this GE to anybody needing an efficient, good-looking replacement for whatever they're currently using!
August 31, 2014