Rated 4.4 out of 5Â by 147
Rated 5 out of 5Â by PRuss Works great for a great price!
I thought I would try this unit for an oddly (L) shaped bedroom - the price was right - and I actually thought the less sophisticated model without the thermostat setting might work better due to the room layout and placement of the window unit (at the top of the L - so thinking better to manually turn on and off). Have used it a few times - and it cools down my 200 sq foot room in under an hour. Very pleased - and the price was terrific! Easy to install - and light weight.
May 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by corey good little ac
ac was simple to set up . once I turned it one . it was 95 f out side stupid hot. I shut the bedroom door and with in a few I was laying in bed covered up. I have used this unit for 6 months now straight use . well worth the money here. it cooled a 15 by 15 room to 70 when it was over 90 out side .
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by frankupp So far, so good.
- Installed this 18" wide unit in a crank out casement window (with 20.5" of room) after 10 summers of routing air from the old 20+K BTU AC in the living room. This AC is plenty for our 12' x 12' room.
- My head is about 3ft from the unit while I'm sleeping, and I had trouble the first 2 nights with the setting on low cool due to the drone. It reminded me of an uncomfortable ride in the back of an airplane whose engines were in the rear. Ironically, when we tried sleeping with the High Cool setting (at the start of the 3rd night), the high fan seemed to mask the drone as well as the thud it makes when the compressor turns on/off, so we had a pretty relaxing night of sleep. It doesn't bother me at all anymore.
- I did some unscientific noise testing from my head location using an iphone app: 40dB with the unit off and 60dB on High Cool. Not too bad.
- At the highest temp setting, it seems to turn off after it reaches about 70deg or just a smidge under. I've tried keeping a temp reader in front of it for a while and the lowest it got was 68. This is perfect for our needs.
- The air deflectors can't be set for extreme up/down or left/right.
June 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Chas71 GE 5,100 BTU Window Air Conditioner
Excellent quality product for the money, easy installation, all necessary hardware included.
June 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by nafe I LIKE IT!!!!!
i like this air conditioner.easey to instaal lite weight and quite.
nice cooling all over good
June 20, 2014