Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 168
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lynn Great Refrigerator
I love the slate color and the fit. It adds a nice look t my kitchen. Xoni was a great salesperson. Extremely helpful!
January 19, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Matts Unreliable, from the first day.
I bought this refrigerator, last week, because I was looking for the most reliable mid-range refrigerator available. After checking Consumer Reports, it appeared to be the most reliable model carried by Home Depot. Last week it was delivered, the old fridge hauled away....and it doesn't work. The freezer works, but the top refrigerator is as dead as a doornail, with all of our food loaded in. Calling GE was an automated nightmare, and the soonest they could send a technician to fix our brand new fridge was a week later. Home Depot is going to come haul away this new one next week and replace it with the same model. There's something wrong with this picture, when brand new units are not working from the start. Check more model reviews on this site and you'll see more of the same. It's a beautiful looking appliance, but it appears to have cheaply-made guts of junk.
May 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KYscot Excellent Counter Depth Refrigerator
We have had the GE 23.1 cu. ft. French Door refrigerator - counter depth - for one month. So far, everything is great. Wife loves the slate color - goes with many kitchen colors and surface does not show smudges, etc. Very handy, efficient layout inside. Several door shelves of different sizes make access to everything inside easy. Very bright lights inside. Cooling appears to be uniform throughout. Formerly had a side-by-side model and we find the French door model works better for us. We open the refrigerated section much more than freezer area, so having the frig area at top is more convenient. Quiet except when ice maker dumps ice in freezer. We wanted a counter depth frig because of limited space in the kitchen, and this is the only one we found that has the size and features we want and a reasonable price (counter depth models are more expensive). Very happy with our choice thus far.
May 12, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Consumer Don't BUY this fridge....period
Lost power to fridge portion after FIVE months and required a service call. A fan of some kind failed after 5.5 months requiring 2nd service call. SUPER loud banging noise generating from the middle left side requiring a THIRD service call. Garbage.
May 28, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Texan442 Loud low frequency droning noise from refrigerator
Three service calls in less than a month to repair a loud, low frequency droning noise emanating from the refrigerator. According to the service tech, GE has a service bulletin on this problem and a prepackaged "compressor stop noise" kit to resolve it. Instead of GE repairing the problem before shipping the product, customers have to call in to complain about it. Overall, poor quality engineering, poor product workmanship.
February 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lynn Awesome!!
The slate color looks really nice. The fridge has a lot of room despite being smaller than most. I love the plastic freezer baskets apposed to the metal wire ones that most fridges I have looked at had. It runs really quiet and the light up drawer on the bottom of the fridge is a neat feature.
February 27, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by KM Don't spill anything, ever -- and get used to keeping your milk on the door
Dumb, dumb, dumb design. There are 3 "spillproof" shelves but the only one we've ever spilled anything on, of course, is the bottom shelf, which is a PITA to take apart because it's attached to the veggie/fruit trays.
Another complaint: the interior of the fridge is not something you can reorganize to better suit your needs. All tall things HAVE to go on the door unless you can lay them flat -- so your milk has to go on the door. Given that I've always been told to never put milk on the door (it goes bad earlier) I'm less than thrilled about this.
IN general it seems like a poor design for space.
October 22, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Jst4fun321 LOVE the color and space, HATE the quality. Stopped working, lost our food
LIKES: Love the color, easy to clean, rarely looks dirty, even with two young kids. Glad we got counter depth, and really pleased with the interior space, lighting, and controls. Ice maker in the freezer is ok. When it works, the temp seems accurate.
NEUTRAL: Water on inside is nice to free up space on the door, but is a two handed ordeal and NOT usable by young kids. We end up having a jug of water on the door for them. We might go for model with ice in the door if we did it again.
DISLIKES: When working, the fridge is RELATIVELY quiet, but it has more types of cycles than older fridges, and seems to cycle MUCH MORE FREQUENTLY. It is never super LOUD, but rarely even is it TOTALLY QUIET. If this was only dislike, we can live with it. I'm just sharing in case others are sensitive to it.
1. Had to refuse first delivery due to three obvious cosmetic issues, second delivery took weeks and still required TLC to clean up (foam insulation overflows some corners and is nearly impossible to clean off completely). Annoying for price of this fridge, but forgivable.
2. Horrible vibrating noise at first (could hear anywhere in the house), delivery folks said it would go away after it reached temp, it never did. Fixed it myself by finding a pipe that was vibrating against a plastic pan inside the back. A rubber grommet had fallen off. Annoying for price of this fridge, but forgivable.
3. First few weeks were ok, but after about a month, it would rattle a lot whenever the compressor started/stopped. We called GE service who came and made some adjustments to improve it. But it was never as quiet as the first month we owned it and a smaller still rattle happens. I would be annoyed by this if I didn't have bigger problems to worry about.
4. One day it just went DARK. No lights inside, no control panel, nothing except the faint sound of one of the back fans spinning. We move food to coolers, but it took them many days before they dispatched a NON-GE CERTIFIED TECH, who was unable to do anything accept admire the problem, then they sent a REAL GE TECH, who connected to the diagnostic port on the top and quickly determined there was failing fan which was throwing so many codes, it must be causing the main board to shutdown.
Of course this all happened over thanksgiving, but we tried not to hold it against them and stayed constructive. There are worse things in the world that can happen. ANYWAY, it took one week for them to get back and install the part. We were just about to punt and buy a different fridge, but it started working and seemed "fine" again.
5. Weeks later, the cycling of fans on/off started to occur constantly. Hard to describe. Wasn't loud, but was ramping up and down too constantly, as if struggling to fully start a cycle. Called GE, but problem stopped before they could come out.
6. Weeks later, it WENT DARK AGAIN and stopped cooling!!! We unplugged it, waited, and plugged back in, and it started cooling a few hours later. Called GE and they said they would NOT send a tech because at the time of the call it was technically cooling properly. They said... "well, it sounds like you fixed the problem". UNACCEPTABLE. We cannot live with a fridge that may shut off on its own randomly and wait for us to unplug/re-plug it. If they are not able to diagnose the problem, we will be asking for a refund and buying something different.
Good luck to all. Really hope this is just one bad apple.
January 13, 2015