The outside of a home is exposed to harsh outdoor elements throughout the year. Extreme heat, the sun's UV rays, and freezing temperatures can cause acrylic and siliconized acrylic caulks to lose flexibility and degrade. GE Silicone II Gutter is permanently flexible and will not break down so it can protect a home as it settles or as the seasons change and joints expand and contract. This movement can cause degraded acrylic caulk to crack and crumble over time, leaving gaps for air and water to seep through. Those leaks can lead to water damage, mold growth, and higher energy bills. Silicone caulk, such as GE Silicone II Gutter, develops strength and adhesion quickly so it can be exposed to water in as little as 30 minutes. Some caulk requires up to 24 hours or longer before it can be exposed to water. For homeowners trying to squeeze home maintenance projects into the weekend or pros who are looking to move on to the next job, GE Silicone II can decrease the waiting time, helping increase convenience, speed, and efficiency. 100% Silicone sealant is widely considered to be the best caulk for sealing areas that will be exposed to water.
- Suitable for application on gutters, flashing, soffits, downspouts, roof vents lap joints, aluminum siding and other metal surfaces
- 100% Silicone is 100% Waterproof
- 30 minute rain - ready
- 24 hour cure time
- 100% silicone will not shrink, crack, break down, or wash away
- Faster cure, 30 minute dry, 24 hour full cure
- Weatherproof- sun-proof, freeze-proof, flexible