Window and Door Supreme Silicone provides extra flexibility; in fact, it delivers twice the movement capability of other top-selling silicone caulks. Flexibility is important because the caulk on your home can undergo extreme expansion and contraction with harsh weather and temperature fluctuations. Because Window and Door Supreme has +/- 50 percent joint movement, the caulk can move and flex with the joint helping to keep the caulk from tearing or pulling away from the surface. Movement can cause degraded acrylic caulk to crack and crumble over time, leaving gaps for air and water to seep through. Those gaps can lead to water damage, mold growth and higher energy bills. By developing strength and adhesion quickly, Window and Door Supreme Silicone caulk can be exposed to water in just 30 minutes. When using most caulks, the project may have to be delayed or canceled if rain is in the forecast. In fact, some caulk requires up to 24 hours or longer before it can be exposed to water. Otherwise, the caulk may wash away, wasting time and money. A shorter waiting period increases convenience, speed and efficiency.
- 100% silicone formula maintains its water-resistant and flexible properties over time
- Resists shrinking and cracking over time
- Suitable for outdoor use around windows, doors, attics and basements
- Mold- and mildew resistant
- Dries to the touch in approximately 30 minutes
- 1 hour rain-ready
- 2x Stretch - extreme joint movement