Wire Tracker Multi-Purpose Wire Tracer traces any unshielded and unenergized wire or cable. Generates distinct tone usable for wire and cable tracing. Four transmitter plug types encased inside closeable hatch direct connection to RJ-11, RJ-45 and co-axial jacks, and exposed unenergized wires. Five year warranty The transmitter is a compact, hand-held instrument designed to generate a distinct tone in any unenergized wire or cable. This tone can be picked up with the Wire Tracker receiver. An LED acts as a visual indicator to show that the unit is on. Output tone: Approx +_ 8.0V square wave with fresh battery. Series current limit resistance is 4000 ohms. Receiver features adjustable sensitivity control, LED which intensifies as signal gets stronger, contains a hi-gain, hi-impedance amplifier. Receiver is a portable hand-held inductive tracer that will aid in identification of wires without piercing their insulation. The streamlined probe-type case design allows for better access in tight, hard-to-get-at areas. Rubber over molding ensures a comfortable, slip-free grip. Detects unshielded wires up to 12 in., when using ground clip. Adjustable sensitivity detects wires in close proximity. L.E.D. intensifies as the signal gets stronger. Audible feature differentiates transmitter signal from other signals. Requires; (2) AA batteries for transmitter (included) and (4) 1.5 V LR-44 batteries for Receiver Wand (included).
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Detects unenergized, unshielded wires and cables install in the wall
- Distinguishes multiple wire combinations
- Built-in plugs accommodate connection to coaxial cables, telephone wiring, Cat5 data cables, unenergized electrical wiring and automotive wiring
- Includes transmitter, receiver and batteries
- GET-4220K requires (2) AA batteries for transmitter and (3) 1.5 V LR-44 batteries for the receiver. Both are included in the unit.
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs