General Tools has grown to become the recognized industry leader for specialty hand tools and instruments. This trailblazing tool provides a quick and easy, all-in-1 solution to cut both a matching mortise and Tenon with a single inexpensive jig. The Mortise and Tenon Jig is ready to use right out-of-the-box to produce 1/4 in. mortise and Tenon joints for cabinets, furniture and frames. Included are the bushings for also producing 3/8 in. and 1/2 in. joints. Using a plunge router with the jig, woodworkers can cut fully aligned mortises and tenons ranging from 1/4 in. to 1/2 in. W and from 1 in. to 3 in. long. The unit can be mounted directly on a workbench or onto a board that can be clamped in a vise or to a bench. The Mortise & Tenon Joint has been used for thousands of years, but not until now did someone figure out a way to provide a quick and easy, all-in-1 solution to cut both a matching mortise and Tenon with a single inexpensive jig. The unit can easily handle stock ranging from 1/2 in. to 1-1/2 in. T and can cut multiple mortises in a single long piece.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Accommodates stock from 1/2 in. to 11/2 in. T and any length
- Mortise and tenon thickness: 1/4 in., 3/8 in. and 1/2 in.
- Quick change router base bushing assembly consists of the following:
- 1-quick change 1-3/16 in. guide sleeve and locking nut
- 1-1/4 in. guide bushing (1-1/4 in. O.D.)
- 1-1/4 in. shank centering pin
- 1-flat spanner wrench for guide sleeve locking nut adjustment
- 1-3/8 in. guide bushing
- 1-1/2 in. guide bushing
- Kit also includes one 1/4 in. straight up cut spiral carbide router bit and an alignment tool
- All in-one solution to quickly cut matching, professional quality mortise and tenon joints
- Can cut multiple mortises in a single long piece
- Accommodates stockfrom1/2 in. to 1-1/2 in. T and any length