The High-Hat Furring Channel is a hat-shaped corrosion-resistant framing component used to fur out masonry walls and ceiling assemblies. In concrete wall applications, furring channel is installed vertically to the wall surface using concrete nails or power-driven fasteners. Gypsum panels are then screw-attached to the furring channels. In drop ceiling applications, furring channels can be attached directly to the underside of the building structure using metal furring channel clips, tie wire, screws or power-driven fasteners. Heavier gauge furring enables greater spans and loading capacity.
- Provides noncombustible furring for interior and exterior walls
- Products dimensions are 7/8 in. x 12 ft. length
- Furring channel comes in 25 gauge/0.0247 in. and made of galvanized steel
- Installs easily with gypsum products to create level ceiling and wall systems protecting your interior
- Cost-effective way to ensure even walls and provides easy installation
- Note: product may vary by store