Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 46
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by UpgraderGirl Handshower
The finish looks nice but...water won't flow to the detachable head and the permanent fixture at the same time. Would make more sense to only have the detachable part in a more sturdy base. Cheaply made out of plastic. Detachable head does not fit well in holder and I'm afraid it will fall out and crack my tub wall tile. Hose is awkward and stiff and sticks out from the wall too much. Water pressure isn't good either. For the price, this is not a good buy. Comparable to cheap WM brands. I plan to use it in the 'pet bathroom' after having tested it out.
September 28, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by jrb Good idea, but........
I was looking forward to getting this shower because of the dual shower head feature, and after getting it I really like the idea. But this showerhead does have some issues. As other reviewers have noted, it is hard to get the fittings to not leak. While there are "Hand tighten only" stickers on the joints, the only way I could stop the leaking was to protect the finish and use pliers. Another thing I didn't like was the hand shower hose. Very stiff and short. I thought it would limber up after running warm water through it, but no. I wound up using the flexible steel braided hose from the old shower head.
But, it does have some features I like a lot. The dual shower heads are great, and the adjustments for the water patterns work smoothly and easily. The brushed nickle finish looks great!
Over all, I would recommend this item, just know there are some issues to address.
October 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KatieKat Works Well With No Leaks (With a Few Tips)
The number one tip I would give to anyone who has purchased this shower head combo is to buy better quality thread seal tape. I bought 'Oatey FASTape' while I was in-store at home depot and I have not had any leaking problems.
Key here is that you only apply the tape to the shower arm (the part coming out of your wall) and NOT to the other pieces. The instructions state this. If you apply the tape to other joints where it is not supposed to go, you WILL have leaks. The joints of this shower are made from plastic so adding the tape will cause the plastic to not seal properly. I also think this was why people were complaining that they did not have enough tape.
Hand Tighten is not going to work here either. You'll need to protect the joints and carefully tighten with pliers. If you use too much force, you'll break it because it is plastic. Make sure to completely peal off the stickers on the joints and wipe off any glue residue. Sometimes stickers can cause plumbing to not seal properly as well.
I did not want the shower head and the handshower to flow at the same time so this combo worked for my purposes, but be aware that they will not flow at the same time. The lever to switch between the two is very easy to use.
The hand shower hose is a bit stiff, but I have found that it is loosening up a bit after daily use to where I'm not having problems with it anymore. The handshower is also very convenient for washing your dog!
I would rate the water pressure as medium from this fixture. It was not low, but also not high pressure. I found it to be exactly in the middle and acceptable.
November 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TheRiz Good Product for the Price
I received this Shower Head Combo just in time for my bathroom restoration. Installation was pretty straight forward. Make sure you use the Teflon tape provided. You will actually need more. Also use all rubber caskets provided. The spray settings on both shower heads are Great. You can adjust from a hard spray to a soft shower spray. The brushed nickel finish is nice. Great Value.
September 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by blrow3 Nice combo shower head
This shower head was very easy to install and the brushed nickel looks expensive. I like having the shower head separate from the hand held head. It made it easier to clean my bath tub and give the dog a bath. The hand held has a nice long cord for reach. I like having the 5 changeable shower sprays and they are easy to adjust to your favorite spray.
September 20, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Kathleen Not for the impatient.
It was hard to rate this shower head. The quality is poor, but the fact that it is made out of nickel (vs. painted plastic, as so many are) is good. Lots of problems. Where to begin...
1. It did not come with enough plumbing tape. The spool was deceptively large looking when I opened the package, so I did not think it pertinent to get more plumbing tape. When I unspooled the tape, I found all of about 16 inches of tape. Maybe enough to do two rotations around each joint--if everything was going smoothly, but plumbing *never* goes so seamlessly (pun not intended) in my home.
2. It did not come with enough plumbing tape and the instructions are inadequate. They say, wrap two rotations of tape around three joints. I did that--leaked live a sieve. It also leaked out of joints that supposedly, I did not have to wrap.
3. The instructions were inadequate. "Hand tighten only!" Hah, real funny...real funny... hand tightening those joints was ill-effective in curbing leaks even with the assistance of the most stereotypically manly hands. It just didn't work. I think this sticker is here so you don't scratch the nickel with the wrench. You will have to use a wrench to tighten this. Use a cloth under the wrench to avoid scratching the nickel (you will probably scratch it anyway).
4. Leaks like a sieve. Although many parts were surprisingly made of actual nickel (not usual in this price range of shower heads), many of the joints were plastic and therefore impossible to get a good seal. Yes, I put on seven full rotations of tape on EVERY joint, including the ones that supposedly come put together with the product and don't need tape, and cranked it real good with the wrench. Now it leaks less like a sieve and more like a wet soggy rag. Good enough for me.
5. Hose is stiff and lame. Makes it less versatile to move the head around in the shower stall. At least the stiffness prevents kinking, but the shape of the head rest prevents replacing the hose. I tried replacing it with a metal corrugated hose, but then the shower head did not fit into the rest.
The is not for impatient people... if you want a 15 minute install, I recommend looking elsewhere.
That being said, if you have the patience and inclination, you can get this shower head to work.
One piece of advice: BUY PLUMBERS TAPE. You will need it with this product! You can get 200ft of it at Home Depot for like a buck.
September 22, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Anthony Great appeal
I think this is just great! I have only ever had a single shower head so having the option of two at once is like a dream come true. The only problem that I have is that I already have low water pressure in the house, so using both heads at once means the pressure is abysmal. That is no fault of the shower head though.
Appearance is very nice. Installation took about 10 minutes once the old one was removed. The hose length is plenty long. The spray settings give you several options to use.
Overall I think this is a very good addition to any shower!
April 30, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by HappyGardener Great addition!
This was a retrofit to add a handshower to the existing showerhead and it works perfectly well. Since it allowed for the original showerhead to be replaced I now have a better functioning overall shower. I like the finish, the brushed nickel, since it minimizes water spotting and makes the shower look neater. The installation was straight forward and without any problem. I had more difficulty getting the items out of the packaging than with the install.
Very functional item.
April 30, 2016