Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 185
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JOHNOR It was 30% off, but based on the quality I would've probably wouldn't have minded paying a bit more.
1. Easy to assemble due to easy instructions to follow and intuitiveness of the parts to assemble.
2. Hardware was solid and nicely done outside the plastic wing-nut handles.
3. The supports and frame are solidly-built and heavy duty.
4. Aesthetically, the maple table top looks way too handsome to put tools and equipment on it yet alone work on top of it, but alas that's what it's for. Even the "Gladiator" badge on the long-side edge of the table top is nicely done and doesn't look like some cheap sticker; I assembled the table in a way so that the textured badge is exposed on the front side of the workbench, but I suppose if you don't like branding badges and whatnot exposed you can put together the table in such a way that the insignia is facing the rear of the table where it will probably not be seen especially if the table is up against a wall or something.
5. Adjustable height via adjustable lower legs; fine tuning for leveling can be done with adjustable bottom nylon pegs.
6. Edges are extended out enough for me to mount vices although it is limited on how deep you can go.
7. And of course, with regards to this purchase the 30% off price was the cherry on top and hence the excellent rating. For me if you can get something that you know is worth more based on just the quality alone and get it for a considerable discount that has to bring it beyond very good and into the excellent range.
1. With regards to the bolts that secure the adjustable bottom legs to the top legs, there's about 1/8 inch gap between the nut that secures the bolt in place against the top leg's surface because the thread is too short and stops just beyond the outside of the holes. As a result the bolt and wing-nuts that allow the adjustable legs to be secured to the top leg have some play and makes the legs wobbly when you shake the top enough. I bought some washers to bridge the gap between where the threads stop on the bolt and the leg surface and that solved the problem, but it would've been nice had this not existed to begin with.
2. I wish these had casters so I can move the workbench around, but I knew this unit did not prior to buying it, but it's still a negative for me even if it doesn't really affect my perception of it's high quality. I got some casters for the bottom and that solved that; of course now it's not as adjustable for fine leveling adjustment purposes.
Things to consider:
1. This is heavy in the box. If you're going to pick it up at the store yourself and you're worried about your back, bring a friend to help out. I carried it myself, but it would've sure been nice to have had someone there with me just help out in some of the lifting. Because it's heavy, expect the packaging to be a bit banged up (mine was), but believe me the contents are totally fine and well-protected.
September 13, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Louis Solid, well-built, flexible bench.
Prices vary wildly on these products -- do your research. The quality of this bench is excellent. Pretty easy to assemble. The adjustable legs and feet provide great flexibility. All parts are very solidly built.
September 21, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TracyL Beautiful - Love it!
This workbench is everything they said and more. Easy to assemble, sturdy, and great quality. My husband is in a wheelchair so the adjustable height is great. Easy to get the perfect height for his wheelchair to fit under.
I bought this for my husband as a gift. After assembling the workbench, I told him that I want one too! The top of the bench is finished wood. This could literally be used as a desk or a kitchen island if the industrial look is your thing.
Super easy to level.
Con but expected - heavy. Store staff was great helping me get it into my car. Need truck or SUV to transport. Will not fit in a trunk. I had to open the box and remove in pieces from the back of my Jeep.
Instructions were easy to follow. Took about thirty minutes to assemble by myself. Needed a socket set, adjustable wrench, and hammer to assemble. (Hammer was used to set the screws for the top before screwing them in) Took two people to stand up and move to final location once assembled.
July 20, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NATMI Perfect
This is perfect for my intended use. The adjustability is wonderful.. I have it as high as it goes and can stand and make jewelry. Much better on the back and neck. It is sturdy and looks good enough to put in my family room. Great workbench. I would recommend it for other aspiring jewelry artists.. My husband wants one for the garage!
February 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bob Workbench
Perfect for my reloading bench. Very sturdy with no flex when using my RCBS Rockchucker single stage press with the RCBS baseplate. Used C-clamps because I didn't want to drill into the beautiful maple top.
May 10, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dave Sturdy bench
Well built easy to assemble. Height adjustment very easy and useful.
April 22, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by kl Excellent deign and quality
Wel thought out design ... easy to assemble ... parts are of a high quality and fit! Vey string ... can support a lot of weight.
February 23, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Satisfied Great workbench
I am using this table for my jewelry making. It is very solid and stable. It gets used for hammering metal, soldering, etc. Especially nice since I can adjust the height. I love it!
January 26, 2016