Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 180
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by draynimm37 Awesomeness in a work bench.
When I first setup the work bench, I thought it might be to big. But what I've discovered is that its perfect. This is my second Gladiator workbench. I sold my smaller one not to long ago for this upgrade. I think I could fit several different projects on the bench at once. Along with an assortment of tools and other clutter that always get attracted to my work bench.
Its was an easy setup and install. The legs are adjustable with no need of any tools and the feet let you level the bench perfectly. The work top is thick and solid. I like the butcher block look so much I prolly clean it more than my kitchen counter.
I'm defiantly a renewed Gladiator fan boy!
May 17, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Garageworker Gladiator Garage
The items are great- we bought a number of the red gladiator series items and redid the entire garage. They hold a lot and look wonderful - We can now pull two cars into the garage, something we haven't been enable to do in years. The workbench is heavy and solid and has a nice work area, and it looks great!
July 12, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Bobk Look For A Better Alternative To This Workbench
This workbench was fine for 3 months. I put it together in my 20' x 14' shed 3 months ago. Nothing had been placed on it since we were moving and it was never used. After the 3rd month, a glue line failure occurred at the first glue line of the butcher block top in the front. It is 3 inches long now and goes all the way through the joint. I did contact the company and they did agree to replace the entire workbench. This is all good except I don't need a whole workbench and I do not want to assemble this again. There is not enough room now to lay the box flat and re-assemble a whole workbench. They would not just replace the top. They said they didn't make the top separate. This isn't true. I know they could just send a replacement top if they wanted. They wanted to send a semi-trailer truck down my street, haul out the old bench and then haul in a new, unassembled, workbench into my shed for me to re-assemble. If you get this workbench, you will see what I mean. It is very heavy and a little tedious to put together. The plastic wing nuts used to secure the legs took pliers to turn onto the bolts they were such a tight fit. Great customer service but poor remedy to their failures.
June 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Fussy Great workbench
We renovated our garage and wanted a garage that was convenient and efficient, as well as attractive. This workbench and the electrical outlet panel is perfect. Height adjusts so to suit every need. Looks amazing and is very sturdy, well-built and durable.
October 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by duckadt Gladiator Workbench
The table was easy to set up but I had it delivered to my basement due to the weight. The adjustable legs were great but I still secured the table top to another board behind the table to secure it completely. It is nice to have 8 feet of workspace!!
September 13, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Tuner Good product/poor warehousing
Sturdy product that should hold up for some time. Had to return the 1st table because of fork lift gouge in center of work surface. this unit also had a small fork lift mark in it. We can't keep returning these tables so are going to keep this one. Customer service in person (Albert Lea store) has been very good. There seems to be a QC problem at the warehouse level.
September 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Louis Solid, well-built, flexible bench.
Prices vary wildly on these products -- do your research. The quality of this bench is excellent. Pretty easy to assemble. The adjustable legs and feet provide great flexibility. All parts are very solidly built.
September 21, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JOHNOR It was 30% off, but based on the quality I would've probably wouldn't have minded paying a bit more.
1. Easy to assemble due to easy instructions to follow and intuitiveness of the parts to assemble.
2. Hardware was solid and nicely done outside the plastic wing-nut handles.
3. The supports and frame are solidly-built and heavy duty.
4. Aesthetically, the maple table top looks way too handsome to put tools and equipment on it yet alone work on top of it, but alas that's what it's for. Even the "Gladiator" badge on the long-side edge of the table top is nicely done and doesn't look like some cheap sticker; I assembled the table in a way so that the textured badge is exposed on the front side of the workbench, but I suppose if you don't like branding badges and whatnot exposed you can put together the table in such a way that the insignia is facing the rear of the table where it will probably not be seen especially if the table is up against a wall or something.
5. Adjustable height via adjustable lower legs; fine tuning for leveling can be done with adjustable bottom nylon pegs.
6. Edges are extended out enough for me to mount vices although it is limited on how deep you can go.
7. And of course, with regards to this purchase the 30% off price was the cherry on top and hence the excellent rating. For me if you can get something that you know is worth more based on just the quality alone and get it for a considerable discount that has to bring it beyond very good and into the excellent range.
1. With regards to the bolts that secure the adjustable bottom legs to the top legs, there's about 1/8 inch gap between the nut that secures the bolt in place against the top leg's surface because the thread is too short and stops just beyond the outside of the holes. As a result the bolt and wing-nuts that allow the adjustable legs to be secured to the top leg have some play and makes the legs wobbly when you shake the top enough. I bought some washers to bridge the gap between where the threads stop on the bolt and the leg surface and that solved the problem, but it would've been nice had this not existed to begin with.
2. I wish these had casters so I can move the workbench around, but I knew this unit did not prior to buying it, but it's still a negative for me even if it doesn't really affect my perception of it's high quality. I got some casters for the bottom and that solved that; of course now it's not as adjustable for fine leveling adjustment purposes.
Things to consider:
1. This is heavy in the box. If you're going to pick it up at the store yourself and you're worried about your back, bring a friend to help out. I carried it myself, but it would've sure been nice to have had someone there with me just help out in some of the lifting. Because it's heavy, expect the packaging to be a bit banged up (mine was), but believe me the contents are totally fine and well-protected.
September 13, 2016