Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 39
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Rick Decent Product, Instructions would help those who don't understand how to use properly...
This product works just like it's supposed to. It's a little chinsy, but waddya want for $10? I've had mine for several years and it has held up fine.
A couple points for those who are having trouble:
1. Proper winding: Do not attach one end of your cord to the hook. Instead attach the middle, i.e. lay your cord out lengthwise, then walk one end back to the other so the cord is doubled back on itself. Attach the middle of the cord to the hook, then wind it up. It'll wind twice as fast, and both ends of the cord will be free so you don't need to unwind everything if you just need a few feet.
2. If your cord is too thick to fit under the hook, then use some electrical tape to make a loop fastener on the middle of your cord (wrap tape around cord a couple of times in one spot, then leave about 2-3 inches of slack to form a loop, and then wrap the tape around the cord a couple more times about an inch from where you did it the first time. Then pinch the sticky part of the slack loop together. Hook the loop over the hook on the reel, and wind.
January 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aayan Wire storage made easy
A light weight, easy to hang on a hook, a very cheap solution to store up to 150”of cable. Simply snap the cable mid into the hook on the reel base and start spinning the wheel. Now it’s a lot easier to manage my 150” long cable.
February 3, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by YardWorkingWoman A Real Space and Aggravation Saver
I relaly like this reel, though perhaps it should come with instructions for use, because I don't agree with the reviews I've read. You do NOT have to unwind it to plug it in. In fact, that's why I love it. It follows me all over the yard. I will say I wish it had wheels.
Follow these steps:
1. There's an anchor hook on the inside of the reel. Find the middle of the cord and pop it in the hook.
2. Thread one half of the cord UNDER the reel. (Yes, this takes a little effort, but you should only have to do it once.) Leave the other half hanging from the front.
3. Reel the cord in, being careful to keep the cord inside the reel.
4. Once you've reeled it all the way in, you should have one end of the cord going over the top and the other end coming out the bottom.
5. Now you can plug it in to the wall and your appliance. Grab the handle and walk with it. Both ends should come out evenly.
6. Rewind it using the crank when you're done.
May 16, 2009
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by TCNER WORKS FAIRLY WELL
My cords used for yard work were getting so tangled by the time I got them untangled I was exhausted. I bought this to remedy the problem and it does the job. I wish I had purchased the kind with a plug in on it so I didn't have to unwind the whole roll each time. But this will do the job.
May 5, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by azturtle Good for keeping cord untangled
Not sure how to wind it up correctly ... but it is keeping the cord in place so it doesn't get tangled.
April 28, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RonC Does what it does!
While the reel's sturdiness may come into question (lightweight [pro] flimsy [con], this product is worth the cost, considering my circumstance.
I was able to reel up a 100' outdoor extension cord that had been shoulder-elbow wound (and not unwound for over 6 years [all of my yard equipment is now gasoline, except my chainsaw that I'll use to hack down my photinias]) without too much effort nor time.
My extension cord is currently kinked, so having it on the reel will not only help smooth the kinks out (then I'll be able to do a measured wind to allow easy access to both male & female posts), but it's more manageable and gosh-dangit it's just simply tidier!
July 25, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Viper Clip is small & lower capacity
This reel is advertised as holding up to 125 ft of 14/3 cord, but it actually just about holds a 100 ft 14/3 cord (Husky). Also, the clip at the center of the reel to which you attach one end of the cord is too small for a 14/3 cord. I clicked "No" on the recommendation to warn those intending to use 14/3 and 12/3 cords that it may not hold as much as advertised and the small clip makes it hard to start reeling in the cord.
April 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Arun Keeps extension wire tidy and gives comfort of use
Learnt from Youtube, how to roll the wire over this reel. there was no instructions supplied with the item. It is thing of utility to keep extension wire safe from getting entangled.
September 16, 2014