Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 103
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MikeGhost Great Light! Modest Price!
This light is great for my older, smaller home. Gives off great light, not too harsh, like some LED lights tend to do. The frosted glass is the perfect touch to keep the light great looking - no spider webs are visible from the outside. The only complaint is that the unit just barely covers a standard light box. If you have a lot of other wires in the box (and wire nuts), it can be a bit hard to manage. I have 4 of these at my house now and am happy with the look and reliability of them.
August 23, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Resol Just ok
Smaller than it looked online. Uses a special bulb so you are stuck when you need a replacement. Bulbs don't hook up tightly causing them to come loose if any vibration occurs like garage door opening.
August 16, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MM Beware of Bulb Type
- Bulb is GU24 and doesn't stay in well at all. Almost feels as though it will fall out, and half the time the light won't turn on because the bulb can't "lock" into place. If I then just tap the bulb it goes on. See photo for what a GU24 bulb looks like before you buy cause I had never heard of them before. Should have been just a normal screw on type
- Mounting hardware is a little bit less than ideal. My existing fixture didn't have a J-box to mount to, and was just anchored into my brick wall. This pushed the bolt the fixture is secured by up against the brick instead of recessed a bit into the j-box. Made the cap that screws onto the bolt max out, and the fixture is a little loose. Will have to buy a shorter bolt or some spacers so the fixture is tight against the wall. See photo where you can see the the cap is screwed all the way, but there is still space between cap and fixture
- would be nice if you could disable the dusk to dawn so it functions like a normal light
- One bulb did not work and had to return to store for a replacement bulb
- THE PRICE!!!!!!
- Comes with a bulb
- bronze and frosted glass look good. Can't see bulb, just light.
March 22, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by SGinAZ Pro: Not difficult to install Con: GU-24 bulbs
I just installed two of these. When I put my hand over the sensor to test the light, it didn't come on. I had to tap the light bulb to get the light to come on. I've seen in other reviews that the GU-24 two prong bulb/fixtures don't make a tight contact. I might try the adapter that adapt for a normal base, but I'm not sure that will correct my problem. I'll give these a try for a week or so and then decide if I'm going to return them.
June 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tone Very nice!!
Very easy to install did it in 20min. Very lightweight comes with bulb which is very bright.
June 28, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Barbara GREAT PRODUCT!!
For the price, this product delivers. The lamp frame is plastic, however it's under a covered porch so that works fine for us. The appearance is nice, the lights are bright, come on at dusk (we have two and sometimes one comes on before the other with shadowing, etc.), but overall for the price paid they're more than adequate. My husband installed them with no effort whatsoever. They did, however, replace existing lamps so it was just a matter of disconnecting the old one and installing the new one, but he was done by the time I came back from the store, and had already installed the old ones on his garage out back.
April 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 1stTwin Great little lights
These lights are much brighter than one would imagine. Dust to dawn so we don't have to cut them on each night and off the next morning. Very easy to install. My husband put all 5 of ours in and he's not a handy man. The only downside is the bulb. It's one of those new GU24 light bulbs that are expensive to replace. But you can replace the bulb without unscrewing parts of the lantern.
May 24, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by evergreen433 Too light sensitive
Purchased two of these. One on side of garage....works great. One on front porch under four foot overhang porch. Front porch light comes on five hours before dusk.. doesn't turn off till bright daylight. If you're going to install under any overhang ceiling it will disappoint. Tried placing reflective aluminum foil behind light sensitive activator....no help. Light is on way too long. Nice looking. Stylish. easy to install. Does not fill my need. Thinks it's dark at 4 pm in the summer.
April 29, 2016