Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 9
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ann Classic clean lines for a kitchen light
This light is just what I wanted for our kitchen... classic, yet clean and modern-looking. Our contractor installed it, so I can't speak to the ease of installation. Anyway, we're very happy with it.
July 27, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by gjrogers875 Disappointing, too many wires and foam insulation made installation more difficult
When finally mounted, fixture is as advertised. What is not clear from the website or the box is the following:
1) There are four wires to this light fixture. This made installation a little more difficult, as I had to secure four wires of the light to two electrical wires in my home.
2) There is foam insulation on both the top (under the wires) and the bottom (between the plate and where the light bulbs are inserted).
The foam was poorly glued, which resulted in the foam moving each time and covering the holes where the screws mount the fixture to the ceiling. I ended up ripping the foam off of the lower side so that I could finally get the screws through the holes and mount the fixture. Would have been a better product if the foam was glued better or nonexistent.
January 3, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mpls Frustrating Installation
I've installed dozens of light fixtures. This one is a real pain due to poor design:
1. The screw holes are too close to the bulb receptacles, making it awkward to screw in the screws with a power screw driver.
2. The underside set of insulation is super thick, but poor in quality. Getting the screws to line up with the screw holes, while you're holding the fixture in the air from underneath is EXTREMELY frustrating.
3. The screws that hold the fixture to the strap can't be screwed in because one of them will get blocked by the junction box rim. And, if you switch to an inside screw hole, it doesn't line up well with the screw holes in the fixture.
The product itself, however, is decent -- especially for the price. But, there are other light fixtures of similar quality and price at other stores that are not nearly as frustrating to install. Unfortunately, this brand is now almost the only choice at Home Depot for light fixtures, so I will have to buy a replacement elsewhere.
January 16, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sarah Annoying Install but Looks Nice
My boyfriend has been replacing almost every light fixture in my new condo. This one was definitely the most annoying for him for the following reasons:
1. The padding at the top made it really difficult to get the screws through
2. The "foil" around the light outlets is thin and becomes easily torn or messed up from handling the fixture during installation. Ours was basically torn by the end of it and just hanging down, I didn't think it would be safe to glue or tape it back up or the heat could also maybe melt it
3. The copper wire wasn't as long as other fixtures and it was hard for him to reach his hand through when connecting since there wasn't as much length to it.
4. Pieces of padding and foil were constantly falling down into our eyes
It took over 30 minutes with a few breaks for him to put it up and we almost gave up but finally we got it. Looks really nice once it's up and brighter than the one we tried before which gave off too much of an orange glow for me. I guess with light fixtures, all that matters is the end result!
December 13, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by KMoon2 Nice and Bright
Bright, well made and easy to install. Consider to purchase more of this product to replace other lights in the hall way.
January 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TJ Supre Item
The Hamilton ceiling light is a perfect addition to a bedroom. The light installs easily and is aesthetically pleasing.
December 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mattie Why did I wait so long
My daughter and her friend replaced the lights for me and it went without a hiccup.
May 19, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by draynes Nice clean appearance
Product cheaply made and difficult to install, due to fiberglass fireproofing insulation being so thick.
April 28, 2015