Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 32
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TexasMommy Love it!
I finally realized a conversation set would actually mean more enjoyable time outside than just a dinning set. This is perfect, comfortable and attractive for the patio. We have two young kids that love to climb up and enjoy it as well. Easy to clean anything off the wicker. The only drawback I've noticed is when the cushions get soaked with rain they hold a TON of water and you have to literally take them off to squeeze it out and leave out to dry. I'm going to have to remember to pull the cushions off if it's going to rain or buy a cover. My 4 year old "helped" my husband put together in an afternoon. We got the additional ottoman and side table and the whole set is perfect!!
May 22, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dcmikez Nice patio set, looks great once assembled
This is a great patio set. It has nice, clean, contemporary looks. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a cushioned love seat and chairs, but want you to read further to know what you're getting into.
As I stated earlier I have no issues with the looks of this furniture. It's beautiful and well made, steel tubing wrapped in wicker (resin wicker, so it's artificial, but won't crack as easily and can be hosed down). With nice plump cushions and two throw pillows (that my wife doesn't like, but they can be changed easily enough).
So on to the difficult parts. There is assembly required. This ships to your house in a box that was huge (the size of our dining table with one leaf in it) and that weighed 219 lbs. Delivery is to the curb, so if you don't have a driveway or are urban (like we are) you need to have someone with you to help get it wherever you need it.
The box is packed well and there was no damage to any of the pieces we had, but you have to remove pretty much everything from the box before you can start assembling the furniture.
The pieces go together nicely and the assembly isn't that complex, the set comes with two wrenches to enable you to assemble it, but I used my own tools. Using a socket wrench it took me about 30min to assemble each piece, so 2 hrs total. I imagine if I used the included tool it would have taken close to 45min each piece and my hands would have hurt tremendously.
Though I said the assembly was straightforward, some of the pieces came with segments that didn't align perfectly (see photos) so there was some leverage required to get them to fit. Once assembled though the pieces are very sturdy and look great.
The coffee table has a fully tempered glass top (so you can leave it out in freezing weather and extreme heat without worry of it cracking) and is probably the most difficult piece to assemble as the shelf didn't align very well and I had to use quite a bit of leverage to get it to fit. It also required putting small screws in for the legs in a position close to the edge of the table which were difficult to install. The table legs have adjusters on them though so you can raise the legs if you have it on something that's not quite level which is a nice touch.
All that being said we're very happy with this patio set.
We're going to waterproof the cushions so we can leave them out most of the time.
February 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by freelyelee Versatile patio set with a luxe look
Item was arrived in a large box (59 wide by 41 deep) via freight. It was dropped in my driveway by the garage (delivery driver asked where I wanted it). Make sure you have enough clearance for delivery. (Especially if you have a narrow driveway). The box is huge and will take some time to break down. (So large, it could be a playhouse for multiple children)
Packaging: Well packaged (a bit like Tetris) meant all pieces were well protected.
- Pieces are wrapped in a foam like covering (thicker than standard shipping material) that also helped to protect items. I ended up using this material to help protect the items during assembly.
- No zip ties or impossible packaging- easy to remove ties (only needed scissors for a few)
- Really clever/thoughtful details such as: rubber screw caps covering all the pre-drilled screws to prevent scraping.
- All of the screws/bolts/washers are well marked in a separate package
- I'm a 30 year old woman of average strength and I was able to unpack and move each of the pieces on my own. The pieces aren't heavy, though some of the loveseat pieces are large/a bit awkward).
- The heaviest item was the coffee table (Still not all that heavy), which comes in it's own separate box. It was a bit awkward to remove from the large box but I was able to do so.
I assembled this by myself and had no issues. It took me ~ 1.5 hrs from start to finish. Rough time breakdown:
- 15 mins unpacking and unwrapping the individual pieces
- 1 hr assembling chairs and love seat (The vast majority of time was spent tightening the nuts for the chairs and love seat.)
- 15 mins assembling the coffee table
Helpful Hint: The tool that is provided works fine but if you want to save yourself some time use a #13 socket wrench. Once I switched to this I flew through the tightening process. (It would also allow you to have two people working on assembly if desired).
Good to know (Before you start): The instructions suggest that you complete assembly on a soft surface. Take this seriously. My patio is aggregate (so slightly rougher than wood or concrete) and I used the included shipping materials as protection. I should have doubled or tripled up on these because even with care there were a few scuffs on the furniture.
- Setting the pieces (carefully) on the aggregate for assembly also resulted in scuffs. I recommend assembling on grass or multiple pieces of the shipping material to be safe.
Assembly is extremely straightforward and basically idiot proof. Not a single curse word was uttered in the process. The set comes partially pre-assembled (some screws are already in place) so you just need to align the screws with the holes in the other pieces. You can't do it incorrectly.
- The arms are interchangeable for each of the chairs and love seat so don't worry about using the wrong piece.
- There are NO spare washers/nuts/screws. When you complete assembly you shouldn't have anything left (also be careful not to lose anything).
- Screw covers: If you run into trouble popping these on, twist slightly and they should glide over the screws (Don't forget to pop these on before flipping your finished pieces over as I did in my excitement to finish the process).
This is a beautiful patio set. The woven faux wicker is beautiful both from a distance as well as up close.
- Woven faux wicker is a deep chocolate brown with lighter brown highlights. This gives it a much richer look than if it was a single color. I've added a close up picture of the wicker so you can see what I'm referring to.
- Seating/back cushions are a sand beige. They have a luxe look due to a subtle heathered effect. (Very slight, but prevents the cushions from looking "Cheap." Really, really nice. (Picture on homedepot.com is true to life)
- The two included throw pillows are a striped pattern in deep red/merlot red and deep chocolate brown with thinner gold and white stripe. The Beverly sectional listing on homedepot.com (same style) has close up pictures of the pillow fabric that is an accurate representation of how they appear in real life.
- Good height: This may not seem like a big deal, but if you look around a lot of patio sets are pretty low to the ground. This is a much more comfortable height. I'm 5'8 and I don't feel like I'm crouching down to the ground. My father is 6'3 and also found these to be a comfortable height.
- Nice Depth: These are a great depth. It's a "deep" seating set, but it's not so deep that you feel like your legs are dangling over the side. (At least not at my height). More than enough room to be comfortable without feeling like you're being pushed off the edge with by the back cushions.
- Size: The chairs and love seat are roomy while remaining surprisingly compact. By that I mean the size of the pieces doesn't require a massive backyard or patio (check the dimensions). I ended up placing these in a small seating area in the backyard and they fit perfectly.
- Comfortable cushions: The cushions are really comfortable; bordering on firm. I can't speak to durability at this point, but I don't feel like I'm hitting the bottom of the seat when I sit on them. Good thickness/firmness.
- Split level coffee table: This is personal preference more than anything, but I like the second shelf on the coffee table. Adds to versatility.
If I had to pick one thing about the set that's less than perfect it's that the faux- wicker Scuffs fairly easily (Shouldn't be an issue once assembled).
All in all I HIGHLY recommend this seating set. It's a luxe look at a reasonable price that would be at home in many different settings.
January 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Imelda924 Sturdy, Trendy & Affordable!
We LOVE this set. Took us about an hour to assemble this set (2 of us) plus an additional side table. Furniture is very sturdy and looks like we got it from a high-end furniture store.
We are happy with our purchase, but were disappointed to find we weren't able to receive our military discount on online purchases - and it could not be purchased from a store location.
June 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Krigger Amazing furniture! Amazing price!!
Ana amazing set of patio furniture!! Love it! It looks much more expensive than it is.
June 1, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by SouthernGal One of the chairs is lopsided
This set is really pretty and the covers are good quality. However, one of the chairs is wobbly. My husband and I have tried everything but the screw holes are slightly off (and cannot be moved or manipulated), leaving the chair to rock diagonally when sitting. The other chair is not like this and we also ordered two additional chairs (separate from this set) that do not have the problem either. It's just one of them. I will need to contact customer service to see what we can do to replace it. Just a bit of a headache and clearly a quality control issue.
November 2, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Alameda not bad at all
just got a patio furniture delivered today and assembled it its was very easy to assemble can do it by yourself you get what you pay for it is not the best patio furniture out there but it's great for the price wish the dragon fruit was more on the red side .overall the patio furniture looks great I would recommend it
April 11, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Shopper Not as described
This is a very cheap product. Looks awful. I am so disappointed.
April 14, 2015