Rated 2.9 out of 5 by 34
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CJGW Nice pantry
This is a nice product. The pantry feels pretty stable and sturdy. We did have a problem with the particle board breaking in one spot when we joined the top and the bottom. Also there is not a finished back, and our placement is not against a wall, so we will have to make a back for it. But the storage was much needed, and it fills that bill.
February 5, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by CWag Less than one star if I could. Absolute garbage.
Let me start by stating that I work in customer service for a furniture manufacturing company. We don't sell this type of cabinet or I would have purchased otherwise. Because I work in customer service I know how important it is to follow the assembly instructions to not damage an item. So we were very careful in following each step provided. There are several things wrong with this piece and I wish I had never purchased it.
1) The main left cabinet side arrived with a cover cracked. this thing weighs well over 100 lbs, getting it and unpackaging it was a chore and I wasn't real thrilled about trying to re-package it to return it. Since it was a corner that would not be seen, we continued with the assembly.
2) Part way through pulling out all the pieces and assembly, we came across a piece that was wet......It was wet because this unit comes with 2 bottles of glue. These bottle were not secured or in plastic. Just free roaming in the box. So the glue had gone all over one side of the item. I have several pieces with bubbling on the surface due to the moisture of the glue sitting on them between two pieces. Some were partially glued together.
3) The back is a flimsy piece of cardboard that is white on one side. There is nothing to secure it and it does not fit properly in the slots provided.
4) One of the plastic shelf pegs is missing the peg. These things are so flimsy that I am going to go buy all new pegs as I fear the plastic pieces might hold the shelf itself up, but not much more.
5) The doors are NOT WOOD. Not even particle board. They are pressed cardboard painted. I followed the directions and installed the hinges to the main unit as instructed. We put the first hinge on the door and my husband was slowly going back and forth between the screws tightening little by little as the holes were not just right and you could see the item splintering. But the time we hot to the second hinge and started putting the first screw in, the whole door popped off the hinges. I was holding it steady in place. This was with 3 out of 4 screws in it. It would not even support its own weight. Absolute garbage.
6) Several pieces were not labeled causing a guessing game and process of elimination to assemble.
I do not want to hassle with trying to re-package it to send it back. Actually, I called Home Depot and got less than favorable customer service. She told me to just bring it back to the store and ask for a refund. I don't want a refund, I want credit, or a partial refund for a substandard product. Honesty I cannot believe Home Depot is selling it. But after a horrible customer service call, I won't be going back to home depot again.
I am attaching photos. Think twice before wasting any money on this cabinet.
February 25, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SouthernYankee Easy assembly and great value
Easily assembled and of good quality. I purchased this for my garage for organized storage and it looks great with the uppers and base cabinets.
May 10, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Angie65 I warn everyone not to buy this product
I spent a lot time the perfect pantry for the allocated space intended. The box was wet and torn at the bottom,exposing some styrofoam. I noticed a cracked board and had it replaced rather quickly. When I started laying out the boards I noticed many of them had like hairline fractures and some had the laminates chipped exposing the brown under it. I used the glue provided and painted over the chipped areas. The backboard didn't line up.piece of broke off. Didn't feel like dealing with hassle of boxing it in a new box to shipped it box. I put it together and it's holding up. The panels don't tightly meet These are pictures of different panel pieces.
January 14, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tw693 Good Value
This item is an excellent option for additional storage space in a kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, etc. for those on a budget. Assembly was easy and straightforward. It would have been nice if the sides were continuous pieces instead of two separate pieces, as there is a noticeable gap between the top and bottom of the unit, and it was hard bringing the top and bottom together.
February 10, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Captain piece of junk
Bought this for a bathroom renovation, quite disapointed to say the least. We put EVERYTHING new in it
February 21, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Pips4bucks You get what you pay for
This is a very inexpensively made cabinet. It's particle board construction, although the doors are a little more dense and coated with a plastic-like coating that makes them a little more durable. You have to be careful putting them together because they are a bit fragile. I ordered two and they both arrived with small imperfections due to shipping. Fortunately the damage was in a fairly unnoticeable area.
I used these as a built-in set of cabinets in my bathroom, which really gave me a lot of extra storage. The only thing exposed are the doors. So I wasn't really that concerned with outward looks other than the doors, and those are acceptable. It helped putting two of them together as they help support each other, but if they were to be unsupported, stand alone I'd be concerned.
Yeah, they're cheap, but in my case they were exactly what I needed. They DO NOT come with door knobs, just so you aren't surprised.
July 23, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Wooddoc Laundry room use
Exactly what you expect no more no less good for a limited use area like extra storage in a laundry room. Would never use these in a kitchen application. They are however easy to assemble
January 13, 2016