Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 8
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BuilderwithaPrius Decent for the price
I got this carrier for my 2010 Prius so that I can occasionally carry a ladder or lumber short distances. It has worked well so far, but could probably use some improvements. The feet are too hard and not grippy enough and they fall off easily when not in use. The plastic towers could also stand to be a little more sturdy, but hey, $30 for a temporary roof rack is a great deal. I gave it an extra star because it helps make the Prius look a little cooler too.
February 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Reid Very Nice for this Price
So this is a $35 roof rack for my Civic that I only need very occasionally for things too big for the trunk. I would have preferred an all metal design, but that is not in a less than $150+ product. The pre-drilled holes did not center the feet over the strongest part of the roof (edges), so I simply drilled holes to fit it better. The straps snug down the rack very well, and I think it would certainly hold 150 pounds.
I think someone could cut the straps and steal the rack, so I will be taking this off when not using it and storing them in the trunk. For the price these are great.
August 6, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kitsu good purchase
The only thing I was not pleased with was the warning in the instructions about not using the rack with cargo bags. I had also bought a cargo bag to use with this product and the online description never mentioned this. The rack did work fine with the cargo bag. we drove 3 days across country and the only issue was the rain tended to leak into the car from the straps.
December 11, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by KWC61 Not bad for $30.00
I bought the cross bars for my Honda Civic to carry a carbon bike. So I was not worried about 150 pound capacity. The did not fit right on the edge where they should, but my bike is under 18 pounds, so no worry. The rack would be taken off when not in use. So for $30.00, it's worth it. I have not taken it on a long drive yet. But so far, I think this will work. If not, well, $30.00 won't break the bank. I've had bad dates costing lots more then that...... LOL.
August 10, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by danim3578 worst purchase ever
The straps broke as we were putting them on the car. They were undependable and made cheaply.
July 23, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ncaatrack Great value product
This product is well made and shipped quickly.
The rubber boots on the bottom of the pullers are a thinner plastic that do fall off when not on the vehicle. Be careful if you are removing the rack at night. Just be aware that when you lift the rack off the boots will likely be on the ground.
Besides that this rack worked well on the first test. I moved a prehung on my honda insight with no scratches and no movement during the ride.
October 21, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CreativeColors Good Roof Racks for small car.
Good roof racks for small car. Make sure you follow instructions carefully and be sure your load is snug and tight before driving. I put a couple of ladders on top of my Hyundai Accent Sedan with no problem drove for a week with no loosening at all.
Sure would recommend for once in a while use, easy to remove for the car wash.
March 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BH14 Great roof rack!
I was in the market for a temporary roof rack and the $300-500 roof racks were definitely not an option. I didn't expect to see the same quality as the real expensive roof racks but I was pleasantly surprised by the Highland roof rack. Here are pros and cons...
1. 125 pound weight capacity ... It is listed on page 1. That is more than enough that I need. The bars are really strong.
2. Fits nicely on roof... When I first saw the strap and the hook, I didn't think it would hold tightly enough. When I put it on, I was surprised how tight the strap got and how the hook fit without scratching. The hooks have a little rubber covering that makes contact with the car so it won't scratch. When I close the doors, the weather strip is over the hooks so don't drive in the rain with them or you may have a little leak. When I remove the hooks, the weather strip isn't damaged and returns like it was. That made me happy. Some people may prefer a ratchet strap but I think hand tighten with the regular straps is perfectly fine. A ratchet strap may be too strong and do damage.
3. Added eye bolts on each side of the bars in the available holes so I could put ratchet tie down hooks or ropes through them to better secure my items.
4. PRICE PRICE PRICE! Much cheaper option than renting a truck a couple times or paying for a real expensive roof rack.
1. Rubber footings.... They work nicely but they will fall off. I just put some strong Gorilla black tape on them and it solved the problem.
I highly recommend this roof rack. As long as you remember that this roof rack isn't suppose to be permanent and use it only when needed, it should be very durable.
July 14, 2014