Our Luther Burbank’s Garden Office Feeder is a spot-on re-creation of the famed horticulturalist’s Santa Rosa, California office, now part of Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Michigan. From this humble structure, Burbank created hundreds of new varieties of fruits, potatoes, tomatoes and ornamental flowers including the Shasta daisy, Freestone peach and the Russet Burbank potato. If you like french fries (and who doesn’t.) you owe a debt of gratitude to Mr. Burbank. The grey, white-trimmed feeder features a black, pine shingled roof. Architectural details include cross-hatched window framing, entrance overhang and a distinctive brass plaque on the front door which reads, Bureau Of Information - BURBANK'S Experimental Farms. The top slides up a sturdy chain to expose an ample cavity for seed.
- Home Bazaar birding products are both decorative and fully functional
- Exterior grade ply-board for the walls, floor and underlying roof board
- Kiln-dried hardwoods, pine and poly-resin details
- Pine shingled roof
- Outdoor, water-based , non-toxic paint
- Attracts all types of wild birds
- Does not contain any chemicals or sealants that can be harmful to wildlife.
- Protect this product's finish with a polyurethane recommended for marine use and UV rated that will not discolor the paint