hanging pendant light did not come with installation instructions. Can I get them on line?
The manufacturer sent the following in a PDF file which did not allow me to copy over the instructions. What was sent follows, I hope this helps.
QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS, MISSING PARTS:
Before returning to your local Home Depot, please call our Customer
Service Team at 1-877-527-0313 or visit www.homedepot.com. Please
reference your SKU 517-769 or UPC (802513147025)
1. Before starting installation of this fixture or removal of a previous
fixture, disconnect the power by turning off the circuit breaker or by
removing the fuse at the fuse box.
2. CONSULT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN IF YOU HAVE ANY
ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS. If you have any non-electrical
questions about this fixture, please call our Customer Service Team at
1-877-527-0313 or visit www.homedepot.com. Please reference your
SKU (517-769) or UPC (802513147025).
3. KEEP your receipt and these Instructions for Proof of Purchase.
TOOLS REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION AND ASSEMBLY
(Maximum 60watt Medium
Base Incandescence Bulb
or CFL equivalent)
PARTS INCLUDED FOR ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION
Locker washer 1
G1/2 inch 1
Wire Connector 3
G1/2 inch Hex Nut 1
Outlet Box Screw 2
Green Ground Screw 1
Mounting Strip 1
Screw Collar Loop 1
Glass Shade 1
Hook Ring 3
G3/8 inch Threaded Pipe 1
Decorative Part 1
Tube with Socket Assembly 1
ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Shut down the main electrical supply from the fuse box or circuit breaker in your house or building.
2. Fasten the mounting strip onto the outlet box using 2 outlet box screws.
3. Thread the G1/2 inch threaded tube into center hole of mounting strip about 4 complete turns. Lock in
place with lock washer and G1/2inch hex nut. The threaded tube should extend long enough to protrude
through the canopy when it is mounted. Adjust as necessary.
4. Guide fixture wire and bare copper grounding wire through the column and loop, and then tighten the tube
with socket assembly onto column.
5. Using a pair of pliers, twist open one chain link at the end of chain links. Hook it to the loop and close the
chain link. Place a piece of cloth between the jaws of pliers and the chain link to prevent scratching the
6. Tighten the screw collar loop to the threaded tube on the mounting strip. Place the ring and canopy over
the chain on the fixture. Using pliers, twist open the chain link at the other end of the chain. Hook the
whole fixture to the screw collar loop on the ceiling and close the chain link
7. Weave the fixture wires and bare copper ground wire up through the chain links, ring, canopy, screw
collar loop and the threaded tube in the mounting strip and then into outlet box. Position both the supply
wires and the fixture wires outside of the outlet box to facilitate connection.
8. Connect the wire from the fixture to the power supply wire from outlet box. Cover with wire connectors.
A. Twist together glossy / live wire from the fixture with black wire from outlet box. Cover with wire
B. Twist together rough / neutral wire from the fixture with white wire from outlet box. Cover with wire
C. The bare copper grounding wire from the fixture must loop one turn under the head of green screw
on mounting strip before it is connected to the grounding conductor of the supply circuit.
Note: The Glossy/Live wire has the text printed on it; the Rough/Neutral wire has the ridge on it.
9. Carefully position all wiring inside outlet box.
10. Place the canopy all the way to the ceiling and tighten the ring onto the screw collar loop until the canopy
is firmly held against the ceiling.
11. Install the bulbs (not included). Use 60-watt Maximum standard type A bulbs or MAX 13W UL
LISTED CFL bulb.
12. Make the G3/8 inch threaded pipe pass through the metal washer, plastic washer, glass shade, decorative
part and cap, then secure with the finial.
13. Hang three hook rings onto the column, then hook three arms between the hook rings and hook loops of
the decorative part.
14. Turn on the electrical power in your house or building to activate the pendant.
Possible Cause Corrective Action
1. Power is off. 1. Make sure power supply is on.
2. Faulty switch. 2. Test or replace switch.
Lights will not turn on.
3. Faulty wire connection. 3. Check wiring.
Fuse blows or circuit breaker
trips when light is turned on.
1. Crossed wires or power wire is grounding
1. Check wire connections.
1. To clean the outside of the fixture, use a dry or slightly dampened clean cloth (use clean
water, never a solvent) to wipe the surface of the fixture.
2. To clean the inside of the fixture, first disconnect power to the fixture by turning off the
circuit breaker or by removing the fuse at the fuse box. Next, use a dry or slightly dampened
clean cloth (use clean water, never a solvent) to wipe the interior surface of the fixture.
3. Do not use any cleaners with chemicals, solvents or harsh abrasives. Use only a dry soft
cloth to dust or wipe carefully.
Date published: 2015-09-17