Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 62
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Njf0618 So Nice
I ussed to have two small tiered table tops by my chair and the magazines, etc. were piled high and looked messy even when I stacked them. Now with the drawers the magazines are inside and the top is nice and neat. Really dresses up the living room. My accent pieces are all blace and so it goes well color wise and isn't a particular style - pretty simple so it goes well with the other furniture. A perfect solution. My husband said the directions were not easy but he was able to figure it our - not super high end but priced accordingly - again very dressy looking and the drawers fit good for the price not super fitted but unless you look really closely they are a good fit
December 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by EricinMaryland Great Little Nightstand
This nightstand looks great. It assembles easy for 95% of the product. The remaining 5% involves having tiny mini-hands to attach the drawer stop. I couldn't get it to work and so improvised and it worked fine.
For the price, I feel the overall unit should have a stronger backing and top support. One of the things I like best about this is that it's easy to move around as you can grab the edges. However, it doesn't feel strong when you do this. The backing attaches with brad nails and cheap cardboard... which is fine since no one sees that, but having a stronger back attachment would (over all) make the entire unit as strong as it looks.
May 1, 2009
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Riles Would purchase again
Pleased with product, would purchase again. Assembly was easier than I thought, I was able to assemble in approximately 90 minutes, without assistance, and with only manual tools. My one "con" about this product is that the assembly would have gone much more smoothly if pilot holes had been drilled in both pieces of wood, rather than just the piece that the screw is inserted into first. I ended up with a blister on my hand from having to apply so much force to get the screw into the second piece of wood. I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the wood in this product, especially considering the price is less than $200.
December 13, 2010
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by DanCT Great Value and Good Quality
My wife and I were considering furnishing an entire bedroom with the Hawthorne collection. We had never purchase a piece of furniture from Home Decorators so instead of ordering the entire set, we ordered just one piece to evaluate the quality to be sure it would meet our needs. We were very pleased with quality and the final product once it was fully-assembled. It looks great in the room and will provide years of service.
February 9, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by shazam777 Soft wood
I swear the first time I read the description for this item it said that it was made from "selected hardwoods and veneers". Now when I read the description it doesn't say anything like that. Anyway, the wood is pine. Soft. I try to avoid pine in my household because I have kids and pets and pine just doesn't hold up. Also I noticed a flaw in the veneer on the top surface, but only after I had assembled the whole unit. At that point I decided it was pointless to take it all apart and send it back. So I'm keeping it and I guess we'll see how long it lasts.
April 18, 2010
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by millspan Looks better online
This was a product that was difficult to put together and it broke in some of the pieces. It was smaller then it seemed and less classy in person. Side table are hard to find so I am going to keep them. I am disappointed
December 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dlr1960 Hawthorne nightstand
This is a very nice product. Years ago we purchased the 8 drawer dresser and it matches perfectly to the nightstand. We have the dark cherry finish. I'd recommend for sure.
November 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sausalito Nice looking
The assembly directions were fairly easy to follow. I am a detailed person so the only exception would be to not exclude suggestions like, "make sure to put the 1st cross bar a certain way" because I put it on like the way you would have thought (like the other 2) and it was wrong and I had to remove it and do it again. Also, put the drawer stoppers in after the drawers are in place because you can't get the drawers in if they are already on. Otherwise, not too difficult.
It is very attractive when all done. I ordered 2 and the second one took half the time to assemble.
I am awaiting 2 more pieces from that collection and those are much bigger so we will see how the assembly goes.
I do think the price should be a little lower since I had to put it all together and it takes hours!
January 19, 2011