Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 59
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by DITdidItrythat I like it but...
- So I think the fan looks great, the blades are nice and don't look cheap like a lot of fan blades do. It has a nice antique-ish finish.
- It mounts about as easy as any other ceiling fan I've installed but it is heavier than others. If you've installed a fan before you can install this, just read the directions.
- The remote works well and the light dimming feature is nice and works well.
- It mounts to a sloped ceiling, but I did buy a longer down rod than came with it.
- Airflow, this fan REALLY does move a lot of air, and it does so really quietly. Usually don't need it above 2 to feel air and 4 blow papers off the nightstand.
The not as good:
- Incandescent Candelabra bulbs, I have bought the brightest ones I could find which are non frosted and put out about 625 lumens at 60 Watts, not efficient, and not super bright either, though much better than the bulbs that come with it. It says that it is not recommended to use LED bulbs, specifically with the dimming function so that limits your choices.
- Light pattern (see picture), because I wanted/needed more light I had to get non frosted bulbs which shine directly up and while not annoying all the time, it does cast undesirable light pattern on the ceiling, and bit of a strobe light feel when the fan spins. With the frosted it's a little better but still not great.
-The Remote, although it works fine, I was really annoyed to find that I HAVE to use it. I have a wired 3 speed wall switch and separate light switch wired to the outlet box. Inevitably what happens is, you go to bed at night and use the remote to turn off the light, then you get up in the morning and the light remains "off" but the switch is on. Then you go into your room at night when it's dark and flip the switch on, but it's already on, so you use your phone as a flashlight to track down the remote so you can turn it on again.
Why wouldn't they include a wiring diagram or option to hard wiring to a wall control?
If I could hard wire it, or use LED's, or even just regular bulbs it would be a 5
March 30, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by shell elegant and easy
Installation takes a little understanding of how wiring works in your home, but overall it is an easy job. Instructions sheet could be more clear.
August 3, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 2Speed Excellent fan! Dimmer works great with LED bulbs. Moves a TON of air.
This is a well built fan that was easy to install. It looks very nice, and moves a TON of air. I wanted a 60" or larger in my bedroom so I could run it on the lowest speed and still move a lot of air. This fan works perfect in that regard. Any speed higher than 3 is crazy, as it just blows things around the room.
I added an 18" down rod to install it at the recommend height on an 11' ceiling.
The remote works great, the the dimmer works perfect with the 60w equivalent LED bulbs that I installed.
No wobble at any speed.
June 9, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Andie Garbage
We bought 2 of these fans. BOTH of them were trash within the first year. Both motors went out and the blade broke off of one as well. Horrible purchase!
July 18, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by EGR1 Not user Friendly
Intial install not easy, have vaulted ceiling. Receiver doesnt fit in housing. There is actually a lot of pressure on it. Can only control through one switch, usually they give you an option. Makes weird noises on and off. Recently lights stop working, due to receiver going bad, only 2 months old. I do not recommend buying this junk!
July 7, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by sydsam63 Will never buy home decorators again
We've had this fan for almost a year now. For almost a year now we have been fighting with the various sounds it makes. We can never have it on high speed at night which has been a terrible issue this summer. It constantly makes noise. My husband has taken it apart numerous times. We are now looking for a new fan for our room. This disappointment will be moved to the outside patio where the noise won't matter.
June 27, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Manny Worthless
Making too much noise , can't sleep with fan on . Slow speed
July 7, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by GTorres Great Fan
Awesome value. This fan replaced an older more expensive gaudy hunter fan that was more for show than circulation. Sorely disappointed in that fan. The new fan provides enough ambient light in my living room with vaulted ceilings and great air circulation.
May 17, 2016