The Honeywell Superior Allergen is made of a reinforced pleated media with a large surface area which improves the efficiency of its dust-holding capacity. The unique construction of Honeywell Superior Allergen filters requires less energy for lower energy cost. Its electrostatic charge helps attract particles “magnetically” that otherwise would pass through. Housed in a recyclable clay-coated moisture resistant frame, this filter captures particles as small as 1 micron. In comparison, a human hair is approximately 100 microns in size. The Honeywell Superior Allergen is effective against the following contaminants: dust/lint, airborne dust mite debris, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria, microscopic allergens, virus carriers and most smoke.
- Filter performance rating (FPR): 9
- Filters down to the micro particle level
- Electro-statically charged
- Heavy-duty moisture resistant frame
- Lasts up to 90 days
- Check out the features for air filters that are FPR 8-9