Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 150
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by rrr ok
I wish the bare floor setting was on the handle so you don't have to stop and bend down to do throw rugs to bare floor. Other wish good vaccum
June 21, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Melissa College kids first vacuum!
Great vacuum for my son and his new dog. Easy to assemble and empty and it looks great too!
January 5, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HandyAndy2010 Heavy duty household use
The Hoover wind tunnel 12 AMP Vacuum is an excellent addition to any home cleaning needs.
Featuring a retractable cord, suction powered hand tool and lots of power.
At around 20+ pounds its not you average light weight Vacuum. Staying close to the carpet and floors. 5 height settings, detachable bin collector and ease of use.
This is around 40'' in height and has a base which is 15'' wide and 14'' deep. With a 3+ foot retractable hose, Great for corners.
Assembly is required with 1 screw at the base of the handle in order in connecting to the base unit... Nice
Hoover is is a name I grew up with so I am not surprised at the quality used in this unit..
August 25, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by wassim Good but not modern
For the price, this is a good vacuum. It has great suction on the carpet because of the roller brushes at the base. Also the 5 height adjustments are a great addition but I prefer level 3 on the carpet for easy moving. It cleans well on hard floor because the height can be lowered.
This Vac is not good in tight places (under couch or table) and it is not good around edges and corners because the base is wide, heavy, and only moves as a whole unit.
Overall for the price I can live with it. I recommend it for people that want a good suction for a lower price.
September 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SusanVT Great design!
I can't say enough good things about this vacuum! Thought went into the design! Of course, it works really well, but it's the features that put this upright vacuum at the top of the list of all the ones I've owned.
* First...the retractable cord. Using a foot lever, the cord is sucked up into the machine. No more endless winding between 2 clips.
* The hose attachments are integrated, not separate. So if you need more length, just pull the inner extension out.
* The on/off switch is on the handle...right where you want it for a quick reaction if you mistakenly run the vacuum over something that you shouldn't.
* If you're doing stairs, there is the little roller attachment that you can use. But more importantly, there's a handy, sturdy grip on the canister that can be used to lift and move the vacuum. Being lower on the vacuum, your hand is closer to the bulk of the vacuum weight for better equilibrium.
* Although you can look into the canister to see if it needs to be emptied, there's a visible warning window at the top that becomes red if it's time to empty it.
* The see-through canister is gray so as it gets dusty over time, even when empty, it doesn't give you that grimy feeling.
* The wheels are sturdy and big enough to roll easily over any carpet.
* Like any upright, it does have some weight to it. But I know it's not as heavy as some uprights I've had. And, of course, you're only going to notice this if you're carrying it...usually around stairs. Again, the handle on the canister top offers a perfect handle grip for carrying the vacuum.
* Removing the canister and emptying it is very simple too.
* The noise level is reasonable. It's probably low- to mid-range noisy compared to all the vacuums I've used.
* There's a foot control to turn the vacuum brush on or off. I much prefer this to a 3-way switch that turns the vacuum off, or turns on the vacuum with the brush or the vacuum without the brush. This way when you move between the vinyl to the carpet, just press the foot switch rather than, oops, turn off the vacuum because you moved the 3-way switch the wrong way.
November 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by vssss Quiet Motor With Strong Suction
The motor on the Windtunnel 3 Pro Bagless Vacuum is whisper quiet, yet strong enouph to capture cat and dog hair that normally gets lost while floating around. The vacuum catches all that flying cat hair. I love how all the attachments are within easy reach and easily snaps together for quick cleaning. No fumbling required. The bagless vacuum canister empties into the trash, then snaps back into place for the next go-round of sweeping. Also, it is a beautifully well made, sturdy upright vacuum.
September 1, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by trogo Good Quality and Affordable Vacuum
I’ve always had good success with Hoover Vacuum Cleaners, and decided to obtain the Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. After using it for over a month, I can say it does a great job removing dog hair and dirt from the carpet and hardwood floors. It also comes with several hand attachments, including a telescoping extension wand, crevice tool, turbo tool and dusting brush. I have been quite pleased with its features and performance.
The Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Vacuum is a bagless upright vacuum with a powerful 12 amp motor. It comes with an easy rinse HEPA Filter which traps 99.97% of particulates down to 0.3 microns. It’s not self-propelled but is very easy to push. The hand attachments work great for removing pet hair and dirt. The dust container is visible so you can see it removing hair and dirt while using the vacuum. It also comes with a 27 foot retractable electric cord.
The only negative is that you need to be cautious of using the proper height setting. If its too low the vacuum is difficult to push and can result in overheating. Other than that, it’s a great vacuum. Recommended for household use.
November 8, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JunC Solid performance vacuum cleaner
It comes with a great suction on carpet for this price. As a full size upright vacuum, it is bit bulky (like any others) and hard to control in small areas, but these cons come with upright vacuum cleaner. I tried smaller versions of them and of course those are great to handle but suction power is far less. So I settle down with this for large areas and smaller one for details. However, this come with lots of tools that is really handy. Extension is long enough to be comfortable. Nothing special but that means solid performance.
April 20, 2016