Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 15
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by parkerea Really excellent product
I have been using these for about a week while mowing or using power tools. I am extremely happy with them. It is SO nice to be able to listen to music while using my circular saw!
- Build quality is excellent. Seriously -- far better than I expected.
- Very good noise blocking. They block even loud tools so well that I hear the radio fine even at a moderate volume.
- Radio reception very good; stations do not fade as I walk around the yard or garage. I have other radios with drastically worse reception.
- 10 AM and 10 FM presets.
- Input jack for MP3 player or similar.
- Easy to use controls with gloves on. You can cycle through the preset stations while you are wearing them.
- If my head were slightly bigger, the would not fit. They just fit me at their largest setting. I did not think I had a large head, but who knows, maybe my ears are too low.
- They fit fairly snug, and might get uncomfortable for all day wearing, though I have worn them a few hours without problems. The tight fit is probably needed for noise blocking, so I don't consider this a con.
- Sound quality is only fair, on par with my expectations. These ain't audiophile headphones, but I don't think this is a con considering their intended purpose.
January 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by FarmerEd Great Valus
These things are awesome. I have an old set of work tunes that have seen there better days. I thought I would give these a shot because they are half the price. There GREAT! I use them on the farm and am planning on getting a set for the house. I play the drums, and this beats the way that I play too music now.
November 17, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Greybeard Smart design
The last earphones I purchased similar to this had a hard wired cord that connected to your mp3 device/IPOD. It broke after only a few months and reduced the headphones to only getting radio reception. These have a detachable pin cord, if it breaks, you just attach another one.
Also, once you plug in your pin cord, it automatically shifts to AUX. If you want to hear the radio, disconnect the cord.first. No real instructions came with the thing.
Noise reduction is good and I am still able to listen to music. Just be careful not to turn the volume up so high that the noise in your headphones is just as damaging as the noise on the outside. You will have to crank up your MP3/Ipod volume control pretty high as the volume on the headphones is limited in the AUX mode.
December 17, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by johnny works great!
third hearing protection ear muffs I've purchased and the best. love the radio with preset station feature. have not used the ipod connect but eventually will. love them
February 11, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by djss Great!
I really enjoy this. Keeps outs noise. Enjoy the music! Comfortable.
December 10, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Benelliflyguy Great!
Right away, I was impressed. They looked and felt like they were a quality product. Upon using them, I found they were comfortable, blocked more noise than I expected, and get surprisingly good reception. So far, I have been using them at work (4-5 hrs a day that they are on) and mowing the yard (2-3 hrs/week) for about a month and a half, and still have the original batteries in. The included cable is also nice so u can play ur music through them.
August 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DJ4evr Love them
I use this to listen to the radio while I am using the tractor to either cut the lawn or clear snow from the drive in addition to working with loud tools. They make the work more bearable by permitting me to listen to music while working. They are much easier to tune and hold a station than the analog radio systems. I have only had them a few months so I cannot comment on the durability of them, but so far so good, I have dropped them several times without damage.
February 4, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kjs270 Quality seems good for the price
Only had for a few days but they seem like a deal for the price. They do a good job of cutting out the noise. Sound quality isn't too bad though you have to be pretty close to an FM station to get stereo. Only issue is the volume control is a little too easy to bump and change the volume. This was especially noticeable when I wear a coat with a hood. The hood would keep rubbing against the volume control causing me to have to readjust the volume. A minor annoyance but overall well worth the price.
November 25, 2013