Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 23
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cutworm Husky Cabinet Set
A very nice chest and cabinet set.
- The clear view drawer fronts make it easy to locate items. You can quickly see the items in each drawer and locate the drawer you need instead of fumbling through drawers and searching for the item you need.
- The drawer slides are 75 lb rating and glide very smoothly.
- There are 8 total drawers with some being deeper for larger things and some shallow for smaller items.
- The casters are heavy and lock. The cabinet rolls easily too.
- The black finish with clear fronts is just plain awesome. Check out the picture and video.
- Cabinets are heavy gauge steel and very sturdy.
- Assembly took only a couple of minutes. Bolting the casters and handle.
Really nice functional and great looking tool cabinet.
March 9, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mixerdude Heavy Duty Tool Box
This is a really nice tool box that can't be beat for the price. The see-thru drawers are a great idea for seeing the contents of each drawer.
The drawers were the most impressive. They can hold quite a bit of weight. Watch the video attached.
I loaded mine up with specialty tools such as: plumbing; cordless; pneumatical staples and nails, sanders, drills, etc.
Highly recommended for any level of craftsman.
March 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mastadruma Quality Tool Chest for your home or business!
This new Husky tool chest is the perfect new addition to my garage. I have needed a storage solution for my smaller hand tools and this unit has two key features that I'd like to highlight. First, the various sized drawers hold all my small screwdrivers, wrenches, air tools, tapes, and batteries. The larger bottom drawers adequately hold my power tools, extension cords, and ratchet sets. Second, the drawer fronts are clear, helping me to quickly see the tool(s) I need from across the garage. The Husky brand is a brand I trust in my home. The chest was packaged well and arrived without any damage. I wish that they provided side handles for the top chest and both handles for the bottom chest. You only get one handle for the bottom, so you need to decide which side you'd prefer it to be on. My other Steel Glide chest supplied handles for both sides. All in all, this Husky chest is a sturdy, quality made unit. I recommend this chest to any Home Depot customer in need of a quality storage solution.
April 27, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Twnturbo Really nice setup
All in all. A great home shop tool chest. Unit is kinda flimsy and the drawer lock tabs bend easily. Wouldn't recommend for professional use.
May 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mixmox good set but must open top lid to use top drawers!
A pretty solid item.
Mine was shipped to me. I did inspect the boxes before signing and everything looked fine, but on opening I did find signs of not have a good time during shipping.
The lid of the upper set of drawers had been pushed forward so much that the lid would no longer lock. I rectified this by pushing it back with a large clamp. there are some dents at the back of the lid.
The base of the lower unit was slightly bent but this makes no difference to the use of the unit at all. My takeaway from this is that the shipping cartons could do with a protective strip along the top and bottom edges like they have for the vertical edges.
Assembly was pretty easy, everything fitted together well. One has to attach the pull handle and the wheels and you can select which side gets the grab handle. The wheels are impressive looking and come arrive in a ‘Made in Taiwan’ box in one of the larger drawers. Two of the wheels swivel and two are fixed, and the fixed ones call for a 10mm wrench to tighten them because there just is not enough room for a socket wrench and the wheel gets in the way of a straight driver. No big deal.
The soft non-slip mats for each drawer are very nice.
The drawers slide in and out very smoothly. The transparent covers do allow one to see the contents but is not a killer feature in itself.
The unit can be moved about easily.
There are two issues I want to mention:
1) There are two sets of keys for top and bottom and they use different keys. Would it have been that difficult to ensure that the two parts use the same keys? Again, no big deal as I imagine most home users will not be using the locks anyway.
2) There is a rather silly design error in the locking mechanism of the top unit. Even if unlocked, you cannot open the drawers until the lid has been opened. There is a vertical linkage that runs down the inside at the back of the drawers that locks them in. This linkage is lifted by opening the top hinged lid. Until that linkage is lifted the drawers cannot be opened. This means that for a regular home user, where there is no need to have everything locked, the top lid will be left open so that one can use the drawers at will. I plan on removing it or disabling the linkage.
March 9, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wendy Best Jewelry Box Ever!
This chest and cabinet set works beautifully to hold jewelry in my dressing room. Easy to assemble, excellent quality. Clear drawer fronts make it easy to view jewelry in each drawer. Drawers are full-extension, they pull all the way forward so it is easy to see items at the far back. I added a mirror to the inside of the lid and keep it open all the time. That compartment holds perfumes, lotions, and hair products. Bottom drawer is deeper and holds my curling irons and hair dryers. Rest of the drawers hold jewelry. I donated all my dinky little jewelry boxes and use just this one. I am thinking about buying another chest and cabinet set for my craft room.
March 31, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by rw4018 Economical buy for home shop
Assembly was easy and straightforward. Many online comments about damage/scratches when shipped to home caused me to pick up from store in order to check for damage before "taking delivery". I would recommend this approach, as the shipping box did appear damaged, however, I was lucky? in that I was able to accept the store-shipped items with no cosmetic damage. I chose the ClearView feature for value and expected advantage. Value is appreciated, but the ClearView does not seem helpful - it might be if the drawers/cabinet were lighted. Drawer slides seem sturdy and smooth. Bolt-on wheels are large and sturdy enough to transport the system between my garages over a packed gravel drive.
I am quite happy with the product and value received.
September 16, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Spots Returned it due to damage
I hate to give it a poor review because I really liked the display model. Bought the only one they had sealed in a box. Brought it home and found the bottom cart was so badly crushed the top 2drawers were destroyed. Opened the top of the box containing the smaller cabinet and it was crushed too. Seems to be a recurring theme with this product. Immediately made a return trip to Home Depot and waited in line over 10 minutes to return it. Of course the only other one was the display model and it didn't have all the pieces and parts.
March 31, 2014