Installing garage door safety cables can help reduce the risk of damage and serious injury should a garage door spring break when it is under pressure. The garage door safety cable will prevent the spring from flying across the garage if it breaks. A spring will only break when it is under pressure, and that is when it is most dangerous. Always unplug any electric door opener, secure the door in the open position and wear safety glasses. Change garage door springs in pairs and always install safety cables.
- (2) 9 ft. cables
- Closed loops at both ends
- For overhead sectional garage doors
- Galvanized steel, braided cables
- Includes brackets and mounting bolts
- Wire diameter: 1/8 in. (0.125 in.)
- Installs through extension springs