The WH40 Mechanical Water Heater Time Switch regulates electric water heaters. Utilities in many areas of the country offer two electric rates for residential or commercial customers. One rate has the regular daytime rate, the other is the 'off-peak' rate. This 'off-peak' rate provides customers with lower priced electricity during the nighttime and weekend periods. This time switch allows the customer to shift electricity use into the 'off-peak' time periods in an attempt to save utility costs.
- Double pole, single throw
- Convenient external override switch
- NEMA 1 rated indoor steel enclosure
- CSA listed
- For use in residential, commercial, industrial, military, and school applications
- Additional sets of trippers are available - #156T1978A