Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 5
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RedpentacleB Good but could be better engineered.
Overall, a good wheelbarrow. I wanted something well-built but smaller than the standard 6 cubic foot barrow. I have a few gripes about this product, but I would buy it again.
1) This was not an in-store item, so I had to order it with ship to store. Be aware the handles ship separately. When I picked up the barrow at the customer service counter, there was only one box. When I go it home, it was missing the handles. It also looked like it had been opened. I called HD and they said to return it and placed a reorder. Two weeks later when I picked up the reorder, no handles again. Two hours on the phone and they figured out two packages were delivered to the store. Eventually the store found the missing handles.
2) The description says the handles are "hardwood", They look like good quality fir. Maybe Poplar, definitely not Oak. I hope they hold up.
3) The barrow is bolted together with carriage bolts and some of the holes in the wood were too large to grab the bolts. I had to hold some of the bolts with Vise-Grips to tighten them.
4) When you bolt the nose piece on to the handles, the instructions show the nuts contacting the wood directly. I added some washers under those nuts.
5) The bolt holes in the bottom of the tub are round, but the heads of the carriage bolts are square and the bolts did not fit tightly after tightening. I pounded the bolts flush with a hammer, then retightened.
6) I also used locktight on all the threads. Just a suggestion.
June 13, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by lw Works as Adveritsed
Have not used it very often yet, but it seems to be good quality.
May 31, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PaulHandyMan Great Quality - just the right size for me
Received in about 3 days after ordering on-line. Well packaged without damage. Easy to put together with quality materials clearly above the cheap low-end consumer quality. I was specifically looking for one with a pneumatic tire after reading the reviews about the "no flat" tires. I especially like the extra brackets for structural support, the high grade steel tray, and the great design of the "feet" for the legs which make it notably more stable on uneven ground. A great purchase and would highly recommend to others. I looked at the 6 cu feet models but felt that as I am not a large guy this one made more sense and will be easier to handle.
November 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Elie Will last for ever...
This is the perfect size for homeowners. I wanted a wheelbarrow that I can carry lot of stuff in it but without being any bigger and therefore its load would be too heavy like the 6 cu ft or larger. Then again the 4 cu ft size is way too small to load anything in it especially when you're doing some serious work in your backyard. This is just the perfect size and manageable weight to maneuver it with ease. Build is solid. In general steel is always stronger than plastic, I'm very happy with it after I put it to some heavy work from finishing a patio pavers to installing a retaining wall. It worked great.
One more thing I want to add, the fact that the tire is air filled it makes it so much easier to carry heavier loads and the ride is so much smoother.
October 5, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JimK A Lot of Research Led to This Product........
I needed a wheelbarrow to move a lot of sand, gravel, and rock for our new home landscaping in the high desert near St. George, Utah. I poured over many reviews, focusing on ONE star comments. It was clear to me that I would NOT be happy with a plastic tray wheelbarrow (cracks/splits on tray and @ bolt mounts), one with a welded/seamed tray (cracks at welds and bolt mounts), or one with a flat-free tire (tire squished down with heavy loads and hard to roll on uneven surfaces).
I found this one on the Home Depot website and it did not have any reviews which did concern me, but it addressed the all the problems people indicated in the ONE star reviews of other units I researched. I also decided I wanted the 5 CF capacity rather than the 6 CF (a little easier to maneuver).
I purchased this unit at it worked GREAT. I moved 11 1/2 tons of gravel, 2 1/2 tons of 2-8" river rock, and may loads of sand. The unit worked exactly as I expected it would do. The heavy lifting work is now done and I am overall VERY SATISIFIED with the Jackson 5 CF Heavy Duty SEAMLESS steel Wheelbarrow. Really glad I found this one...........
February 10, 2015