A healthy lawn starts with a healthy root system. No one knows this better than John Deere. John Deere’s 40 in. Tow-Behind Plug Aerator uses the coring process to remove 3 in. soil plugs from the lawn, allowing water, seed and nutrients to reach the lawn’s root system. This hard-working, heavy duty aerator features 28 heat-treated steel spoons. For maximum penetration in compacted areas, up to 175 lbs. may be added to the fully-enclosed steel weight tray.
- Working width of 40 in.
- Up to 3 in. penetration
- All steel, 175 lb. capacity weight tray
- 10.5 in. x 3.5 in. semi-pneumatic transport wheels; single lever engagement
- Heat-treated plugging spoons for superior strength and durability
- Universal hitch easily attaches to most riding lawn mowers and lawn tractors
- 16-Gauge steel tines with three welded tine sections rotate independently, achieving maximum coverage