Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 17
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rockmore Great Lawn Tractor
What a world of difference from my 18 year old Simplicity Lawn Tractor This tractor is so much quieter, smoother riding, and more comfortable. Nice clean cut and easy to maneuver. Controls are logical and and easy to use, the reverse safety button takes a little practice to use, but not a big issue. Overall very satisfied, especially after purchasing online the price was reduced and Home Depot honored their 30 day price guarantee and refunded the $200 price difference.
May 10, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Puppa Huge improvement over previous mowers I owned.
Mowed today for the first time with the Deere,good quality ride comfort.Machine is extremely quiet when running at full throttle with mower engaged.I should have purchased 7 years ago when I bought another brand.
September 3, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Gege You need to be Fluffy to start it
Starting the engine is always a challenge. I weigh less than 120 lbs. thus it always take such an effort to be on a right position, having my foot on the brake all the ways, turning the key, and having all my weight on the seat for the sensor.
If it's a bumpy ride, the weight issue comes up again when my weight is not fully on the seat.
I would like to use it more frequently is it starts.
June 1, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mikes Many Good Features, a Few Fad Features
Overall I happy with this mower. I've had it one year & it has 30 hours on the meter.
1. Quiet compared to my previous Cub Cadet Mowers.
2. Two cylinder engine is smooth
3. Seems to have good quality for the price paid. I realize that this is a residential lawn mower & not suitable for commercial use.
1. Cut is not as smooth/uniform as my previous brand mowers.
2. Fuel Gauge is very inaccurate & mine was broken on delivery. It is mechanical & works by the weight of the gas in the tank. From the beginning mine was very inaccurate & is now broken & useless.
3. As I understand the warranty, If a simple part is broken I must get it to the dealer for repairs. It is stupid to transport (or pay for transport) if a simple part is broken. For simple problems this makes the JD warranty a Joke.
4. This mower does not pick up debris as well as my previous mowers. I heard this called the Vacuum effect of the mower. I've changed blade type & it does not help much.
5. Usually when I mow there are no kids around. It is frustrating to always need to press RIO switch to keep blade engaged when going in reverse. Some other brands have a switch that can be left "ON" so you do not need to press every time you go in reverse.
June 5, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by gwmowing it has pretty paint
I've just bought this lawn tractor and used twice and I've noticed that the blade adjustment gets in the way getting off the mower it cut's all right I've also bought a bager to go with it and I'm dissatisfied with the grass clippings that's left behind my craftsman mower does a better job and its 15 years old I'm not sure if I made the right choice in my selection of mowers the John deer is pretty but that doesn't mamakek it cut any better time will tell like I said I just have used it two times so time will tell on it
May 17, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by billsafari99 All Good with D125!
Just got my new mower delivered from a John Deere dealership. Fantastic and informational talk with the driver. Very knowledgeable. I mowed my lawn in record time, fabulous cutting and comfortable seat. Lots of power when needed, slow easy maneuvering when needed also. Easy clean up with the hose after. Can't beat the price with a stick. Thank you , John Deere, and the people at L.F. Trottier & Sons in White River Jct, VT.
June 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by farmer very good mower
I purchased the mower a month ago. I really like the mower except for two things. The attachment lift lever position makes it hard to mount and dismount mower. The reverse foot pedal is too narrow. My foot slips off of it very easily.
June 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bearsman70 Great Mower
Love the high back seat on this mower. the mower has the right amount of power for its size. it handles a lot better then the last two riding mowers I have had, I would recommend this mower to anyone. I bought this mower from a john deere dealership. I would recommend going through a dealership since buying from box stores does not always assemble their products correctly. I have talked to technicians from landscaping dealerships, they said they are always correcting the mistakes from box stores.
May 4, 2014