Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 138
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Billweb143 Good idea, very poorly executed.
I'm not sure why so many reviewers are giving this product good reviews. They must have very low expectations. First let me start by saying this is a great idea but this particular seat has so many flaws it is useless.
1. The light is very weak even on high. The pictures on the website are NOT what you will get. The bowl was dimly lit even on high with brand new Quantum batteries. The amount of light that comes out of the back when the lid is closed is minimal, at best, and from a distance can not even be seen.
2. The light is on a 7 hour automatic timer. The timer starts when you turn the power on. Simple enough. In my opinion the light timer should be adjustable. optimally I would like mine to be on for 10 hours (9pm to 6 am)
3. Another option would be to make the light motion sensitive and illuminate it when someone is detected.
4. The batteries are not protected from the elements (water, urine or cleaning solutions). It's a toilet, the circuit board for the light needs some protection. One backed up toilet and this seat will certainly fail, spray cleaner on the seat = Risky!
5. You must remove the seat to replace the batteries. Not a big deal except the seat is held in place by two flimsy plastic hinges. I have never had a seat with hinges this bad. The seat will move around on you when you sit on it. The hinge is weak and spreads apart very easily. I have attached a picture of the hinge below. Kohler needs to mimic the hinges that Bemis uses on their toilet seats. Their hinges are secure and easy to take off.
I bought three of these seats and really wanted them to work but unfortunately all three are going back today.
February 5, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by sunpeer Very poor product with a cute idea
Ok I bought into this cute idea to help keep the floor dry from boys at night. Very flimsy material, came with nicks in plastic, incredibly poor hinge design and quality..its not like this is a minor function of a toilet seat. The main reason this is going back is because the seat wont stay UP!!...really!! The hinge can be turned around for a bit of adjustment, but did not help. The battery light pack just snaps into the back..NOT sealed. Not even a gasket ... this is going to be a wet rotted out mess within a short time . The only "bold" thing about this product is that they would let it come to market The last thing you want to deal with this day & age is your toilet seat...
April 22, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by MachoUno Now bowled over
I purchased this item because my father said he saw it and wanted a toilet that he could use at night without having to turn the blindingly light bathroom light on. The silent-close feature is very cool but the light doesn't illuminate the bowl enough to make peeing in the dark a comfortable experience.
May 31, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mca Junk
Light worked for about 3 hrs. Then nothing , dispite multiple battery changes .
May 14, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by lb poor
new batteries lasted 30 days, a far cry from the 6months claimed. cheap hinge design, no protection for the battery and light to not get urine over spray on. no motion sensor . Like the idea, needs more planning
May 3, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JP88 Amount of light is perfect - Trust me!!
We've had these seats for 4 months and 1 of the 3 we bought has failed (I will be returning today). I know many have commented on the brightness of the light or lack thereof but believe me, you do NOT want it to be brighter than it already is. If it was brighter, it will 100% wake you up and take you forever to fall back asleep. It's designed so that it does not fully wake you up.
Aside from the 1 seat breaking within 4 months, I'm pretty satisfied with these seats.
March 21, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jeanieb Well Made
This was a replacement for the original toilet seat that came with the Kohler Cimarron toilet. It is more attractive and sturdier plus it has the LED nightlight. It is comfortable and I love the slow close feature - No banging by accident! The LED is very dim, but, does highlight the bowl area without turning on the bathroom lighting. The quick-release feature is great at cleaning time. The batteries are easy to replace and the light is easy to program for overnight and maintain the setting. It is possible to reset the timer on the light by holding in the button for a few seconds. I'm very pleased with this seat and it looks great!
September 1, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jeremy Good seat - Don't fall for the light
Quality of seat is good. Wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the light. It is an interesting concept, but the lights are very small and dim and, in my opinion, not worth the extra money. Wish the were a bit brighter.
March 14, 2015