Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 127
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Disappointed Two Major Failures in 10 Months
When I first installed the new seat on a Kohler branded toilet, I expected the job to take five minutes, including removal and disposal of the old seat. After nearly two hours of failing to bolt it onto the toilet using weird plastic nuts and bolts supplied with the seat, I gave up and went to the hardware store for a generic replacement set. These took about two minutes to install, plus the time and expense to go buy them.
The light worked well enough for a while. It runs for 7 hours a night full time, with a desired start time initialized by a press of a button on the rear of the seat. The light didn't really seem to add anything useful, but it is kind of novel to have the inside of the bowl glowing blue all night. Some of the light can be seen with the bowl closed also. The first set of four AA batteries lasted about six months.
The quiet close feature was fantastic, for a while. It was silent, and only required a gentle pull on the lid to get the lid and seat going down.
In less than 10 months, the LED module in the toilet seat has rusted on all battery contacts to the point that it no longer functions. I can scrape away some rust and get temporary functionality, but this is ridiculous, especially in the arid desert southwest. The bathroom is which it is installed has an exhaust fan that is always used in conjunction with the shower, and the bathroom door is rarely closed anyway when showering. No battery has ever leaked acid while installed in this unit.
Kohler rapidly responded with excellent customer service and shipped a new light module. If it is the same construction as the first, I have no reason to believe that it will last any longer. I guess it did not occur to the manufacturer of the module that a closed toilet bowl might be a bit of a humid environment.
While waiting for the new light to arrive, the lid mysteriously disconnected from the seat housing. Pins that connected it to the seat retreated into the seat beyond reach. Now, the seat has no attached lid, and the seat simply falls noisily onto the toilet with no dampening whatsoever.
I have sent an email to Kohler, and based on previous experience I expect excellent customer service, and they will surely promptly replace the entire unit, but again, I have no reason to believe that it will last any longer than the last one.
September 2, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by T47 Bathroom beauty
Very easy to instal and the blue nite light is not too bright. Just right for seeing what you are doing in the middle of the night.
August 23, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Lacytopaz Hinges slip off while sitting on toilet.
Koeler- Loved the idea of having a cool light on my toilet unfortunately i never had a chance to even enjoy it.. Hinges kept slipping off while installing and testing my bum on seat. Need to take it back for a different item. Please Tweak item and put it back on the market.!
August 21, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Littledb Looks good, but looks are deceiving
Seat fell apart literally after 3 weeks. Piece of junk!
August 23, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jw Quiet Closed
Works just like it says! It's a great product and I would recommend it
August 16, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Billweb143 Good idea, very poorly executed.
I'm not sure why so many reviewers are giving this product good reviews. They must have very low expectations. First let me start by saying this is a great idea but this particular seat has so many flaws it is useless.
1. The light is very weak even on high. The pictures on the website are NOT what you will get. The bowl was dimly lit even on high with brand new Quantum batteries. The amount of light that comes out of the back when the lid is closed is minimal, at best, and from a distance can not even be seen.
2. The light is on a 7 hour automatic timer. The timer starts when you turn the power on. Simple enough. In my opinion the light timer should be adjustable. optimally I would like mine to be on for 10 hours (9pm to 6 am)
3. Another option would be to make the light motion sensitive and illuminate it when someone is detected.
4. The batteries are not protected from the elements (water, urine or cleaning solutions). It's a toilet, the circuit board for the light needs some protection. One backed up toilet and this seat will certainly fail, spray cleaner on the seat = Risky!
5. You must remove the seat to replace the batteries. Not a big deal except the seat is held in place by two flimsy plastic hinges. I have never had a seat with hinges this bad. The seat will move around on you when you sit on it. The hinge is weak and spreads apart very easily. I have attached a picture of the hinge below. Kohler needs to mimic the hinges that Bemis uses on their toilet seats. Their hinges are secure and easy to take off.
I bought three of these seats and really wanted them to work but unfortunately all three are going back today.
February 5, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Dolly Kohler needs to go back to drawing board
I was excited to install a toilet seat with a beautiful light design but what a disappointment. After installing it the light was very very dim. I turned off the light in the bathroom to double check but still the toilet bowl barely had light. So disappointed. Purchased item tonight, returning it in the morning. Kohler needs to improve the brightness and configuration of lighting position...poor configuration.
July 5, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by utahjock It works...
No problems, so far. It could be improved: a light that shines on the water when the toilet seat is lifted. The soft closing function is great.
July 5, 2016