If you choose a smaller generator to power your home, the Kohler Load Control Module can help manage higher electrical loads. During a power outage, the entire home will be connected to generator power, but some circuits may be cycled on and off to prevent overloading. The load control module (LCM) sheds loads to prevent generator overload in compliance with NEC 2008.
- The load control module automatically manages up to six residential loads: four power relays for management of non-essential secondary loads and two relays to control two independent air conditioners
- LCM monitors generator current and frequency to determine when to shed loads, this monitoring prevents frequency drops that can damage valuable electronics like computers and televisions
- Loads are added and shed according to their priority load 1 is the top priority, which is added first and shed last load 6 is the lowest priority
- LCM can be used with Kohler Generator Sets equipped with the RDC2 or DC2 controller, including the following models: 14RESAL, 20RESAL, 38RCL, 48RCL
- Loads are added and shed according to their priority. load 1 is the top priority, which is added first and shed last. Load 6 is the lowest priority