If you choose a smaller generator to power your home, the KOHLER Load Control Module can help manage higher electrical loads. During a power outage, the entire home will be connected to generator power but some circuits may be cycled on and off to prevent overloading. The load control module (LCM) sheds loads to prevent generator overload in compliance with NEC 2008.
- Load control module automatically manages up to 6-residential loads, 4-power relays for management of non-essential secondary loads and 2-relays to control 2-independent air conditioners
- LCM monitors generator current and frequency to determine when to shed loads, this monitoring prevents frequency drops that can damage valuable electronics like computers and televisions
- Loads are added and shed according to their priority load 1 is the top priority, which is added first and shed last load 6 is the lowest priority
- LCM can be used with KOHLER generator sets equipped with the RDC2 or DC2 controller, including the following models: 8RESVL-100LC12, 12RESVL-100LC12, 14RESAL, 14RESAL-200SELS, 20RESAL-100LC16, 20RESAL-200SELS, 24RCL, 38RCL and 48RCL
- When the LCM is used with a KOHLER ATS that has a built-in load shedding kit (included with 20RESAL-SE), the load shedding kit is replaced by the multi-featured LCM only one load shedding device can be used
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs