Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 10
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Edisparti Best Sink Ever (if there is such a thing)
The sink is very solid. The insulated bowls really do help with making less noise. The grates at the bottom are very nice. They keep the sink from getting scratches and you can have a sink full of dishes and still get the bottom of the sink clean. The 10" bowl is awesome and the 60/40 split is the way to go. You can get very large pots in the 60 and still have enough room in the 40 for rinsing.
Install Tips: Keep the plastic on the sink as long as possible to avoid scratches. Also you can not use standard sink clips. You'll need to place some 1x4's in the cabinet for the sink to sit on (see attached pic). Also there is no lip on the apron front. So the cut you make into your cabinet base will be visible unless you put in some scribe around the sink (see attached pic)
November 12, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by lakeman Farmhouse sink
Very good quality and has all the needed components to complete the installation. Excellent packaging for shipment.
March 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by LuluR Deep Apron Sink
I was looking for a quality apron front sink at an affordable price and this was it. I'm very happy with it so far. I like the strainer and wire bottom accessories it come with as well. Looks great and is pretty solid and not tinny. It is VERY deep, which I like, but fitting in a garbage disposal might be tricky, be sure to check the tolerances. We had a bit of a tough time fitting the piping in for the dishwasher.
September 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AmyC The best sink ever!
I absolutely love, love, love this sink. It is deep enough that water doesn't splash out easily. It has a strainer basket in one side that keeps food out of the drain. It cleans up quickly and looks amazing.
July 23, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Arandomparadox Great product, not-so-great other materials...
My husband and I bought a fixer-upper a couple years ago after we got married, so we are pretty handy and decided to re-do our countertops and replace our sink and faucet this past weekend. We did a retrofit of our 36" cabinet to fit this 33" sink (our previous sink was a standard drop-in 1970s style at 33", and with the apron front on this one the full 36" Kraus sink would have fit, but looked cramped as it would be directly next to the dishwasher).
The retrofit was surprisingly easy (we found a great Youtube tutorial for a similar sink by Kohler for ideas). We opted to leave the sink edge slightly higher (1/2") than our countertop, and are very happy with the look. We haven't used it much yet, as we finished late last night and need a part for the faucet, but I wanted to leave a detailed review on the things we've noticed from our work over this past weekend in case it helps someone in the future:
- BEAUTIFUL sink, and the accessories we got when purchased as a set (grids, drains, etc.) are very nice and seem to be very good quality. Looks awesome with our brushed stainless appliances and fits right in.
- Edges are great-looking all the way around (note that the back edge only goes down about 2", not the full height like the sides and front of the sink, but this was not a problem when installed).
- Love the deep bowls and the sizes of each.
- The sink was packaged securely in styrofoam that fit it very well, and it reached us in great condition. No crate as previous reviewers mentioned.
- From our initial tests (have to finish the plumbing), it seems it will be relatively quiet when the water is running.
- The rear-mount drains are great and gave us some space back in our cabinet for cleaning supplies - a welcome bonus!
Cons / Things I hadn't realized from product info and other reviews:
- Fingerprints show easily, but seem to be pretty easy to clean off as well.
- NO INSTRUCTIONS! The 4-page leaflet was inaccurate (some drawings are correctly the 33" sink as marked, but interior shows 36" measurements instead?? Very strange. We got the correct one off Home Depot's website thankfully, but the one in the box was wrong!) The leaflet only shows some dimensional drawings and future care instructions, and just says to have it professionally installed. Um, okay.
- NO hardware to secure the sink to the cabinet or anything else. We're figuring out how to do this ourselves, but thought it was very odd there is nothing included at all. We are using some basic bolts and washers to try and secure it, but it's a bit of a challenge due to the shape of the bottom of the sink -- very little to attach to!
- The "cut out template" provided with the sink is a large piece of cardstock with rounded edges. Note that it is NOT the size of the full sink at all, but rather is only for under-mount installations and was therefore completely useless to us for over-mount or flush-mount installation types. The template makes no mention of the fact that it only fits the bowl sizes of the sink, and not the full measurements. No other templates were provided. We also felt this was a little strange, but the measurements and angles are very straightforward and we managed to cut our laminate countertops without too much trouble.
Bottom line -- Very glad we bought this sink, and it absolutely seems worth the money. However, we wish the manufacturer had put a little more thought into their materials (besides the sink itself) -- definitely could have used at least some warning about the bad instructions, template and no hardware! I'm hoping that by writing this, some of the problems may be fixed in the future, or at least other buyers will know what they will get up front!
May 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by handygirl no instructions available
I will start off by saying that this sink looks great and it arrived quickly. when the sink arrived looked it over and took the styro foam off the top and it was beautiful. but when we were getting ready to install and took the thing all the way out of the box we realized that it had been damaged in the back corner. Because it wont show or interfere with the look or function of the sink I did not stop construction to return it. I am in the middle of a remodel and have had lots of delays and now i just want to get it done.
The Kraus product does not seem to have any instructions like mentioned in many other reviews. My main problem with it was the measurements listed in the specifications. It states that the "Cut-Out Left to Right" is 29.1 in. My kitchen designer and I both thought that the cut out would be 29.1 in. The hole that needs to be cut out for this sink is 32 7/8. So if you get this sink, plan on a cabinet that is at least 36 in wide ( according to the experts on YouTube). My carpenter was great in making it work but it would have been much easier and much less work if I had known that prior to ordering the cabinets.
Also, YouTube videos say to support apron front sinks with a shelf. This sink does not have a flat bottom so a shelf would only support the lowest point, the two drains. My carpenter supported the sink with cleats.
I will try to post a pict. when the kitchen is done.
February 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RemodelToon Great Sink
We wanted this sink after seeing one in a kitchen remodeling article. Ordered it through Home Depot and had it sent to our nearest store. This is a very high quality sink, comes with stainless strainers(one with removable stainless basket) and even a nice black towel. The price on this sink may seem a little high but the quality is definitely there. High quality stainless with a flawless finish, made to very exact measurements. We would highly recommend this sink.
July 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Indaburgh Great product
Finish, fit, look, and quality were great. I would recommend this sink to anyone.
October 28, 2014