Rated 4.6 out of 5Â by 25
Rated 1 out of 5Â by JulesBSanFran Don't think short term - this is a throw-away item.
When I got the extinguisher home, I found the gauge was pretty close to the red (it was barely in the green). As soon as it goes into the red, this becomes dead weight. I contacted Kidde and all of their units with plastic handles are **NOT REFILLABLE**. This was my second unit and the first one lasted two and a half years before it showed as EMPTY. That is another $50 down the drain. I am returning this extinguisher. I am disappointed in Kidde for not making this clear. I attached a pic of the gauge as I bought it less than a month ago. I don't trust that this needle won't sink into the red in the next year or so, and then I'm out m6 money and have to buy a new one.
December 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Richsap Worked as advertised
Had a small fire in the garage this afternoon. After hanging in the wall dormant for 5 years I pull the unit out of the wall bracket, pulled the pin and pressed down on the handle and it worked. Fire was out in 2 seconds, saving my garage, the convertible in it and my home. Dust cleanup was not bad, swept most of it out the door and used compressed air to clean everything off. My only very minor gripe is that to disengage the hose for use you must pull if to the side. Intuition had me pulling it straight to the front. As my eyebrows were on fire, I just aimed the bottom of the unit where the hose was pointed to the source (propane bottle with a faulty valve) and put the fire out. Need to have an extinguisher in or easily accessible to every room. This one stayed in a garage with no HVAC for 5 years and worked flawlessly today.
November 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Matt God blessed our family
Wife and I were preparing 2013 Thanksgiving dinner just days ago. We had an oven fire. "Lucky" cannot describe how fortunate we were that we have always kept 2 KIDDE extinguishers in the kitchen as well as the basement and in various places on the 1st and 2nd floor of our home. They have always been "dust collectors" other than my occasional inspection of their gauges. We discovered how priceless they are last Thursday. Instead of looking for someplace to move our family while our home was being rebuilt or worse, loosing any of our family, God help us, our Thanksgiving proceeded beautifully with all of our guests. Do your family a small favor and make a priority of putting some extinguishers in your home. You never know what kind of tragedy you could avert.
December 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Smitty Thank God we had this!
This extinguisher performed exactly as it was supposed to, and saved our home and our lives. I cannot stress how important it is to have ABC fire extinguishers handy; I can only suggest that you have one in every major area of your home. A fire in your electrical box during the dead of night means precious little time and even less light to try and find your way through a pitch-black house. We keep one of these by our bed, as well as by all exits. The initial outlay of money for these extinguishers is tiny when compared to what this fire almost cost us.
November 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Tweediaflower Be Safe with a fire extinguisher
This is my third Kidde fire extingisher. I have never had to use them! I keep them just outside the kitchen, in a readily accessible spot. We just had a fire safety seminar at work, and they advised everyone to replace their old fire extinguishers after 8 years. Mine was 28 years old! It was past time to replace it. I always get the A-B-C type, suitable for all fires. Kidde is the brand I look for.
November 12, 2013