The Kidde i12060 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. The front load battery operation speeds installation and reduces battery replacement time and effort by eliminating the need to remove the alarm from the ceiling. Alarm is packaged with two universal adapters that allows easy installation when replacing other branded smoke alarm.
- Front door battery provides easy access which reduces the installation time and battery replacement time
- Smart interconnect feature
- Battery pull tab prevents draining battery until permanent AC power is connected - reduces callback's for battery replacement
- Dust cover provided protects sensors during construction
- Ionization sensor with nominal sensitivity of 0.50 to 1.06% ft. and temperature operating range is between 40 Fahrenheit and 100 Fahrenheit and unit incudes a piezoelectric horn that is rated at 85 decibels at 10 feet
- Note: Product may vary by store
- Piezoelectric horn is rated at 85 decibels at 10 feet.
- Note: Product may vary by store.