Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 58
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by johnny1965 Would not reccomend
Bought this about 1 year ago. One day it went off like there was carbon monoxide. My others (different brand) did not go off. I checked the Kidde model and took it out to fresh air and removed battery. Still was going off for a few minutes. I let it sit in the garage for over 6 months, Today I put in a brand new battery. It did the same thing as before. It will not shut off. Can not return it because I don't have the recipe. Im out 30 bucks. I would not recommend buying this product.
November 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by A724 awesome product
fantastic idea with a ten year battery ..no more dead battery beep in the middle of the night. So easy, just take out of the package and plug in.
August 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by concernedconsumer Would purchase this product again!
We purchased this product 7 years ago and when it reached the end of its life, it let us know with an intermittent beeping. With all of the items we need to take care of every day, it is nice to come across an item that takes care of itself! Easy installation and you never know it's there. Be careful when reading the other reviews, operator error seems to be the problem with some of the bad reviews...for instance, the instructions say not to place the item in a kitchen setting as it can remit an alarm due to what's happening in the kitchen! We will buy this product again and again!
January 1, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by GG53 Poor choice
It worked for about three weeks then it started beeping intermittently, like when the battery is dead. I tried 2 other new batteries and it wouldn't quit the beeping. Returned it.
February 18, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by arny poor
it continues to beep even after 2 fresh new batteries.........second time issue
December 2, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by stjoejack I found this product OK with one exception
This was the high end of the price for a CO monitor, and it has all the qualities you expect in a good product. There is one detail that the manufacturer needs to improve. The only way to silence the alarm is to remove it from the wall receptacle, find the tiny little off switch on the back, and turn it OFF. This is inconvenient if all you want to do is plug it into another receptacle. It is dangerous if you forget to switch it back to ON. I hope the manufacturer gets word of this and makes the needed improvements.
January 24, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Elroy Carbon Monoxide detector
Got the unit very quickly. It works great and may save our lives.
January 27, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by EJHonda Can you trust it?
I purchased two of these detectors, and have had at least one fail. I say "at least", because it is nearly impossible for the typical homeowner to verify whether one of these is functioning properly. After 3 months of use, one of them suddenly went off downstairs, while the upstairs unit remained quiet. Swapped them, and the unit now upstairs went off again. Took the suspect unit out in an open garage and plugged it in, and within a few minutes it went off yet again. So, either it was detecting false readings, or the other silent unit was not working. Since the noisy unit was outside and still went off, decided that one was defective.
Called Kidde and they are sending me a replacement unit free of charge. Nice support, but now I have some doubts as to how trustworthy these units are.
Read the instructions thoroughly before plugging them in. They can be configured to sound an alarm if they are removed from a wall socket, and the alarm is ear piercing. Fumbling with the unit for 30 seconds as you struggle to deactivate the unplug alarm can be quite painful.
September 9, 2010