Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 58
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by A724 awesome product
fantastic idea with a ten year battery ..no more dead battery beep in the middle of the night. So easy, just take out of the package and plug in.
August 27, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by johnny1965 Would not reccomend
Bought this about 1 year ago. One day it went off like there was carbon monoxide. My others (different brand) did not go off. I checked the Kidde model and took it out to fresh air and removed battery. Still was going off for a few minutes. I let it sit in the garage for over 6 months, Today I put in a brand new battery. It did the same thing as before. It will not shut off. Can not return it because I don't have the recipe. Im out 30 bucks. I would not recommend buying this product.
November 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Elroy Carbon Monoxide detector
Got the unit very quickly. It works great and may save our lives.
January 27, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Dont Will not work after installing new battery
After installing new battery doesn't go to operating mode
January 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JIMBO PLUG-IN CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM WITH BATTERY BACKUP
WE COMPARED ONLINE WITH OTHER STORES AND HOME DEPOT HAD THE BEST PRICE : ( HOME USE ) PLUG-IN CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM WITH BATTERY BACKUP ( HOME USE )
December 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MLGFC Terrible
I have purchased three of these carbon monoxide monitors. One is still working OK. One worked for almost 1 year and then went on the fritz. I tried to replace the bad one. Home Depot was out of stock. The person at the customer service desk helped me order another one. I came in and picked up the monitor. The new monitor did not work at all. I finally replaced the two defective monitors with an alternative monitor from Kidde.
September 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by concernedconsumer Would purchase this product again!
We purchased this product 7 years ago and when it reached the end of its life, it let us know with an intermittent beeping. With all of the items we need to take care of every day, it is nice to come across an item that takes care of itself! Easy installation and you never know it's there. Be careful when reading the other reviews, operator error seems to be the problem with some of the bad reviews...for instance, the instructions say not to place the item in a kitchen setting as it can remit an alarm due to what's happening in the kitchen! We will buy this product again and again!
January 1, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by mtndew Lousy Product
I bought this, got it home to replace the one i'd have for 5 years and the instructions said it would start beeping in three years because it would wear out within that time. I plugged it in and tried the test button - nothing. So I left it plugged in overnight thinking it needed to "set itself" - next day I tried it again - nothing. So I unplugged it and put it on the counter to return it thinking it was defective. My wife went to move it and it went off and would not turn off until she smashed it! Don't know if HD will take it back, but I don't care - I'll get a First Alert.
May 26, 2010